SB: Do you ever get stuck .....

chessie

DIS Veteran
Do you ever get stuck on a color or technique and use it for everything?

I was into paper tearing for a while and did about 4 pages before I could quit. Mulberry paper was another thing I got stuck on. I found this wonderful creamy yellow color card stock and I seem to be using it for everything. I'm also into eyelets and dangling things from things. All I can say is that it is a good thing I am not a chronological scrapper and that I am working on several books at a time.

chessie

I sometimes do find myself repeating the same idea or technique! I have to make an effort to not do the same thing on a few pages running!
Grover in Winnipeg

Chessie

Yes! I do this all the time. I find myself getting lazy and using ABC stickers to make titles on several pages, or I'll use the computer to journal for several pages. You can tell when I get in a rut, b/c 3 or 4 pages will have the same technique on them. That is usually when I start working on a different album until I come up with something new.

Candi

Ya know, this happens every time CM comes out with something new! The Zesty Geometrics and Scenic Paper Pack have been my latest. (I don't want to call it a rut, cuz it's really not a rut.) As soon as I can get my hands on the new shapes for the Custom Cutting System, I'm sure I'll be stuck on that for a while!

There are certain colors I use a lot...though not usually all at once. Just sort of a running pallette.

I was stuck for a while on shortcut borders on the sides or top and bottom of each page. Recently I did a lot of triangles in the corners (gotta be the "new CMC syndrome" I think!)

At first though...I thought you meant stuck as in stuck on one page or layout! Which I've also done...did a CCS Gymbo the Clown that took me 2 months to finish because once I got halfway through I dreaded all the work that still had to be done. Its beautiful...but *never again*! I gotta remind myself to KISS (keep it simple, scrapper!)

I really want to try paper tearing...hmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter