SB- Beach trip...separate album?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a week at the beach (Rehoboth DE) and I'm trying to decide where to put the pics. I have about 5 rolls of film (APS 25's) worth of photos that I have yet to develop.

So I'm trying to decide if my main beach pages should go in my regular family album, or if I should start a "beach" album and include beach trips over the years. If I do a separate album I'll still want to put a page about the trip in my family album and in each of the kid's albums.

So what would you do? :D I'm sure I don't have enough pics to do a whole album...but I could do a "Rehoboth through the years" one as I've gone there since I was little.

All thoughts appreciated....

Well, what I did with our Disney trip last year was do a double page spread in the family album to signify that trip and then I have my separate Disney album. I think it's a great idea to include some photos in the family album and then do a separate album seeing as you've spent a lot of time there. Go for it!

Lesley,

When I was a little girl we spent our vacation every year at Rehoboth. I haven’t been there in years. We weren’t picture takers back then but I think it would be wonderful to have a Rehoboth through the years album. It could become a family heirloom album that your children could add to.

I would also add pages to your family and children’s albums but the beach album sounds wonderful to me.

Chessie

Chessie,
If you get a chance try to go back to Rehoboth....it really hasn't changed much at all, or at least in the last 25 years....its so great! They did replace the dime toilets with free ones though! And there are more shops and hotels but its definitely not built up (not in town anyway). Rte. 1 outside of Rehoboth is *very* different though.

I just love seeing my kids riding the exact same rides I rode when I was their age....its the coolest feeling. And its also weird to see the rides and remember being small enough to ride them! I don't know if I have the photos, but I know that at least my mom has pics of me on those very rides. That could make a very cool page.

Oh and the bookstore there had a picture/coffee table type book of Rehoboth's history....I should have picked it up. Actually I might just call and see if they can send one.

I love WDW and have wonderful memories there...but Rehoboth is my other vacation favorite.

And to stay on topic....just as I was thinking I keep all the pics in my regular album you've convinced me that I have to do a separate album. So what color? I already use navy for my WDW albums....perhaps I'll use mahogany. I don't really care for the sapphire. I wish there was a more beachy color.....a light blue or sand. But mahogany will kind of reflect the old Dolles sign that represents Rehoboth....

Oops there I go "thinking online"...better go get stuff done so I can scrap!

Lesley,

How about the tapestry album?

I can’t locate my CM catalogue at the moment but I seem to remember a tapestry vacation album.

Cm albums are tuff to beat for quality but I have been pleased with the quality of a post bound that is made by a company called Dalee. They have beautiful fabric covered books.

What ever you choose I know you will have a wonderful time putting it together.

Chessie

There's the "Passport" album......which I plan on using eventually for pictures that my dh and I took on trips to Europe (his were before we met and mine are from a college trip).

I do seem to remember an album that was just a floral tapestry....hmmmm....I'll have to look into that. Oh, just happened to have the web page up..."Impressions" is what its called. Great idea! Kind of gives it an heirloom look. But that one would be great for my wedding album too.....just more to think about!

Thanks for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter