(SB) Are you guys doing any "scrapping projects" for Xmas?

yummy72

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone was tackling the task of doing a scrapbooking project for the Holidays! I am making an album for DH about OU's football season. (Of course the last game took the wind out of my sails a little but we won't go there) I am also making these trays that are like picture frames with handles with vintage pictures in them for my best friends. I also made one of those photo totes. (I bought the tote) but decorated the "picture windows" up really cute for my friend to advertise our business. It has holiday themed scrapbooking paper and stuff, and all she has to do is crop a couple of her own pictures to put in there. Finally I am signed up for a workshop at a local scrapbook store to make a little recipe book that I will use as a gift for the holidays. I'm about halfway done with his album. I'll be glad to get it finished, b/c it has been hard to work on it, having to pull all my stuff out and work on it when he's not here, then hide everything away again.

Off to work on that album :)

Candi

Just finished an album for each of my kids for Christmas. One goes from birth to 10 and one from birth to 14. They are made with several pages per year the first few years and then one or two per year after they entered school. I hope to keep them up until they graduate from college. It was a lot of work to remember what had happened each year of their lives, especially since I haven't scrapped all of those years. This was a great "recovering from surgery" project. It kept me very busy for the last month.

Now, I need to put scrapbooks away for a while and do the last of my no-sew blankets. I don't have long to finish Christmas gifts. Just heard this week that I need surgery before Christmas if we can get it scheduled. But then, that is another thread. See December Surgery Blues on the Community Board.

I've been working on a gift album for my mom, only one page left to do!! Grover in Winnipeg :smooth: :D :smooth: :D

I just did 2 sentiments albums for gifts - 1 for each set of my grandparents. I also did a sentiments for a wedding gift. I just did the embellishments (with a wedding snap pack) and they'll put the pics in. I was planning on doing an album with my sisters for my mom with all of our childhood pics. But I don't know if that's possible at this point since we haven't even started it.

I'm hoping to get some calendars made for my DH's family. One of my sisters makes one for our family with all the important dates etc.

I wanted to include several pictures on each page. I got them all scanned once but not any further. Maybe I can get it done!

Well, my sisters decided they didn't have time to work on the album for mom. I decided to go ahead and do what I could, give it to her and then finish it later. I managed to do all the pages in a CM 12x12 that come with the album. I'll do refill pages later and add them, but at least she can take this home. I've done 1969-1976. So now I have a gift for Mom. :)

Amazing progress for the month of December. I don' t think I've done a single page!

I pleased to report I finished the OU album for DH! I also took that "recipe book" class last weekend. It made the cutest little album ever, and it was all folded and out of scrapbooking materials. I am giving the one I made at the class away, and have made two more since. But now the scrapping supplies are getting put away for a few days. Maybe in 2002!!

I was CRAZY this year..I did 3 albums for presents.

1st was a "sad" present for my aunt who lost her only child in a car accident 5 years ago. I would sneak over to her house while she was at work, take her pictures, copy them at home and take them back before she got home. Whew! It took me about 2 months to do everything but it was worth it.

2nd was for my MIL. She went crazy over my album for the kids, so I made her one of the kids that I plan to add to every now and again.

3rd was a collection of OLD family photos for my mom. My grandmother had given each of her 4 kids albums with "special" pictures in them that were originals ( no copies around anywhere) DH and I borrowed all the albums ( mom doesn't know I have hers) and copied them, put them on CDs and made her an album of all the pictures! I even made CDs for my uncles and aunts , so everyone has ALL the pictures and they will last much longer.

Crazy, I know. That is one reason I have not been DISing that much. I am a busy gal!

:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter