Saying 'Aloha' to 30! A Oct/Nov 2018 PTR - Updated 10/25 ONE DAY TO GO!

Joining in! Going for the Polynesian for your 30th is totally a great vacation! We went out when each of us turned 30 too!

Enzo's Hideaway is amazing! I would suggest that over Homecomin' and I love good southern food but we did Enzo's our last two trips and loved it both times! Overall pretty good ADR picks!

Just as an FYI - October/November still can be rather hot/humid! It isn't as bad as Labor Day but still can be rough depending on what your area is experiencing at that time.

LIFE UPDATE & 4 parks, 4 snacks

Wow, what a crazy few months. I have been so behind on everyone's pre-trip, trip and dining reports! I hope to remedy that in the next few weeks! So sorry :flower3:

Earlier in August, we made our annual trip to Rehoboth Beach, DE with my mom's side of the family for vacation. It was a GREAT trip.

TicKEzwl.jpg

Wonks & I on the beach!

h08RknOl.jpg

Ready for family pictures! I will spare your eyes the picture of the whole family *7 kids under 7.. you can just use your best imagination with that!*

And a few weekends ago, we went to visit Wonk's friends who live near Belmar, NJ. We made a stop at the Beach Haus brewery! This picture is from the upstairs tasting room, complete with a live *surf* band, it almost felt like we were at the Poly!

oLAJ0bXl.jpg

Other than that, both of my nieces are celebrating birthday's this month, so we have been very busy!

Now, on to the good stuff... literally...

This weekend we figured out what the number 1 must try snack at each park would be...
*YUM and WOW*
^anyone get it?
maxresdefault.jpg

it's Stacey!

Magic Kingdom
I think this one is new, but it combines two of our most favorite things.... the Churro Ice Cream Sandwich
LxPounJb.jpg

(not my pic, thanks Disney Food Blog)

Epcot
School Bread! I have read 50/50 reviews on this so I must try it for myself!
5q8gSP2b.png

(not my pic)

Animal Kingdom
Pulled Pork French Fries w/Cheese... I think I am most looking forward to this one!
rg6aIHcb.jpg

(not my pic)

Hollywood Studios
Cookies and Cream Funnel Cake... ARE YOU KIDDING ME! UGH, I can't wait.
HWUpzoPb.jpg

(not my pic)

So that's it for this short update! Next Monday is our Fastpass day so I will be reporting back with those then! And then I will go over our entire itinerary! I can't believe how close it is!

Countdowns:
FP+ Day: 7 days!
OUR TRIP: 67 days

Up Next: Food & Wine Wishlist

Last edited:
Sorry for the late replies!!!

Following! Happy to see you got everything you wanted! Great times too!

Yes! We are super happy with everything!

Glad you got all the ADR's you wanted!

Yesss! I can't wait to eat all the things!

Joining in! Going for the Polynesian for your 30th is totally a great vacation! We went out when each of us turned 30 too!

Enzo's Hideaway is amazing! I would suggest that over Homecomin' and I love good southern food but we did Enzo's our last two trips and loved it both times! Overall pretty good ADR picks!

Just as an FYI - October/November still can be rather hot/humid! It isn't as bad as Labor Day but still can be rough depending on what your area is experiencing at that time.

That is awesome, 30 seems like a great birthday to celebrate in Disney World! We are on the edge of cancelling Homecomin for Enzo's - but we might try to just hit up the bar at Enzo's instead, not sure yet! And I am secretly hoping for HOT weather, I thrive in heat! Wonks on the other hand, haha, we have some frog towels for him... :rotfl2:

Joining in! October is by far my favorite time to go to Disney! I went to WDW last October as a belated 30th celebration too!

Your ADR and snack lists sound great!!

Joining in! October is by far my favorite time to go to Disney! I went to WDW last October as a belated 30th celebration too!

Your ADR and snack lists sound great!!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I am excited to read about your new trip plans as well!

Just found this and joining in! My husband and I will be going November 1st-8th to celebrate my 30th birthday on Nov. 3rd.
Yay for celebrating 30 in Disney World! It's definitely making me excited to turn 30 :cloud9:

Just found this and joining in! My husband and I will be going November 1st-8th to celebrate my 30th birthday on Nov. 3rd.
Yay for celebrating 30 in Disney World! It's definitely making me excited to turn 30 :cloud9:

WELCOME! That is awesome! Where are you guys staying? Did you start a pre-trip report, I'd love to follow along!?

Food & Wine Wishlist!

Welcome back! Wonks and I celebrate our 6 year anniversary on Saturday. Crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun! He sent me flowers to work on Friday which I love, pink tulips, but other than that, we had a nice lunch out and celebrated my niece's 7th birthday in the evening. It was a great day!

Today marks 60 days until our trip! I can't believe it! I was up and at 'em this morning to get our fastpasses - I got everything we wanted really but I will save that for another post!

From here on out I plan on posting our itinerary, maybe 1 day per week as were 8.5 weeks out and our trip is 9 days!

But today! Today I want to post my wishlist of snacks from the Food & Wine festival!

bbx10Q6.jpg

That will be me after eating all the way around the world!

*items italicized are ones we are most excited for!

ACTIVE EATS
-Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions
-M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Pineapple Coconut Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL

AUSTRALIA
-Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas

BELGIUM

-Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
-Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream
-Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur *my favorite*

BRAZIL
-Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread

BREWER'S COLLECTION
-Beer Flight feat. Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner, Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb, Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer

CANADA

-Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
-Moosehead Radler: Lager infused with Grapefruit, Grape and Lemon Juices

CHEESE STUDIO
-Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce

COASTAL EATS
-
Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
-Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce

CRAFT DRAFTS
-Beer Flight 2 feat. First Magnitude Brewing Co. Lemongrass Saison, Gainesville, FL, JDub’s Brewing Company Honeydew Melon Kölsch, Sarasota, FL, Shipyard Brewing Company Monkey Fist IPA, Clearwater, FL

FRANCE
-La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice

HAWAI'I
-Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
-Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
-Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
-Mai Tai with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and DOLE Pineapple Juice

HOPS & BARLEY
-New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
-Beer Flight feat. North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA (Flight), 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL (Flight), Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD (Flight)

IRELAND
-Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (V)
-Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard

-Guinness Baileys Shake

ISLANDS OF THE CARIBBEAN
-Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
-Caribbean White Sangria

ITALY
-Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese

LIGHT LAB
-Cider Flight feat. Original Sin Dry Rosé Hard Cider, New York, NY (Cider Flight), 3 Daughters Brewing Blueberry Peppercorn Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL (Cider Flight), Ciderboys Zen Berry Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
-RGB Flight feat. Playalinda Brewing Co. Red Cherry Tart, Titusville, FL (RGB Flight), GrassLands Brewing Company Green Kiwi Blonde, Tallahassee, FL (RGB Flight), M.I.A. Beer Company Blue-berry Golden Ale, Doral, FL

MEXICO
-
El Padrino: Blackberry Mexican Punch with Velo Blanco Tequila

NEW ZEALAND
-Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Breadcrumbs

REFRESHMENT OUTPOST
-Bain’s Cape Mountain Whisky & Frozen Coke

REFRESHMENT PORT
-Beef Brisket Poutine: French Fries with Beef Brisket, Beer Cheese Sauce and Poutine Gravy topped with Crispy Onions

SHIMMERING SIPS MIMOSA BAR
-
Chocolate Croissant: Flaky Croissant stuffed with Chocolate
-
Fromosa: Frozen Mimosa featuring White Claw Lime Hard Seltzer

WOW! What a list, never really know how long it is until you write it all out! I think it'll take all 3 Epcot days to try all of these things! I can't wait to start seeing pics of the food once it opens on Thursday!

My parents leave for Disney on Wednesday the 30th, so I am sure they will be sending lots of pics over the weekend!

I'll be back later this week with our Day 1 Itinerary! See ya real soon!

Next Post: DAY 1 ITINERARY

Last edited:
WELCOME! That is awesome! Where are you guys staying? Did you start a pre-trip report, I'd love to follow along!?

No PTR for me, maybe next trip...

We are staying in the Atrium Club at the Contemporary! We have a Friends & Family discount and when we booked (over a year ago!) there was very limited availability for resorts/rooms with this discount. The Contemporary was my first choice, but only club level was available. I figured what the heck, you only turn 30 once. Now I'm just trying to avoid telling my husband how much it actually costs :rolleyes1

No PTR for me, maybe next trip...

We are staying in the Atrium Club at the Contemporary! We have a Friends & Family discount and when we booked (over a year ago!) there was very limited availability for resorts/rooms with this discount. The Contemporary was my first choice, but only club level was available. I figured what the heck, you only turn 30 once. Now I'm just trying to avoid telling my husband how much it actually costs :rolleyes1

AMAZING! I did check to see if there was CL availability for my dates a couple weeks ago at the Poly but no such luck, I figured since we had it paid off for so long what was extra $$ to upgrade! Oh well, maybe next time! That is awesome though for you guys!

AMAZING! I did check to see if there was CL availability for my dates a couple weeks ago at the Poly but no such luck, I figured since we had it paid off for so long what was extra $$ to upgrade! Oh well, maybe next time! That is awesome though for you guys!

Keep checking, something might open up!

My family stayed at the Poly on my first trip to WDW when I was three, so I would love to stay there again someday!

Happy Anniversary!

Your F&W list sounds great! The belgian waffle, cheddar cheese soup, pork slider, and lobster roll are some of my faves from the festival! Also the items from the coastal eats booth are very delicious too!

I can't wait to hear how the fromosa is! I love the mimosas AND white claw seltzer so it should be a good combo!

Happy Anniversary!

Your F&W list sounds great! The belgian waffle, cheddar cheese soup, pork slider, and lobster roll are some of my faves from the festival! Also the items from the coastal eats booth are very delicious too!

I can't wait to hear how the fromosa is! I love the mimosas AND white claw seltzer so it should be a good combo!

Thank you!!! It is crazy to think we've been dating for 6 years!

I am so pumped for the F&W festival, I always tend to go back to the items I love instead of branching out!

I THRIVE on spiked seltzer in the summer time so I really hope this one is good!!!

Following along! Sounds like you've got a wonderful trip planned... Poly and F&W (!!!) :love:

DAY 1 Itinerary - Friday October 26th

TRAVEL DAY!

h0DE024CB

Our day will start around 8am! We have an early flight on Southwest that leaves PHL at 10:40am and arrives at MCO at 1:15pm! We live about 40 minutes from the airport with traffic so we hope to get there and through security by 9:30 so we will have time to grab something quick for breakfast!

From there we will head right to the Magical Express! We hope to be at the Poly by 2:30pm although we don't have anything planned for the afternoon so it really doesn't matter! We will likely pack our swimsuits in our carry on in case we want to go to the pool! We will probably also grab something to eat at the pool bar and get a refillable mug to share since we will be there for 9 days!

We hope to get a 3rd floor room in Fiji facing the Grand Floridian like last year! The best location IMO! If not, I am sure we will be happy with whatever we get as we will be on vacation! :smooth:

Around 4:45pm we plan on getting an Uber to..... Saratoga Springs! I'm not sure if I mentioned it but Wonks' family is big into horse racing and he has been dying to check this place out! We will grab some drinks and maybe an app at the Turf Club Lounge!

From there we will walk over to Disney Springs!

We have a 7pm dinner reservation at The BOATHOUSE! This is a first for both of us!

full

(not my picture)

After dinner we plan on checking out the Disney Style store, maybe stopping for a drink at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel bar and getting some Sprinkles cupcakes to take back to the room!

Once we get the bus back to the Poly I am sure we will unpack some and hit the hay!

Outfit planned:
il_570xN.1237919874_qx61.jpg

Just the shirt!
Shirt from Etsy by MyThreeBsHandmade

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 52 days

Next Post: Day 2 Itinerary Saturday October 27th!

Last edited:
DAY 2 Itinerary - Saturday October 27th

Our day will start around 8am as we head to the TTC to hop on a monorail to go to our first park....

latest

gosh I just love these old logos!

Anyways, our FP+ aren't until night time so we will just wing it this morning. We hope to rope drop Soarin' at least twice, ride Living with the Land (a personal fav) and try single rider for Test Track.

For breakfast I have been wanting to try one of those croissant donuts from Taste Track so I am sure we will head over there after Test Track!

At 11am we will begin making our way around the World Showcase to try a couple booths for F&W!

We have a 12:20pm lunch reservation at Via Napoli! This is mostly for Wonks as he can't go to Disney without getting their margherita pizza! And I don't blame him, it is so good!

U3BaQW0l.jpg

throwback from our Feb 2017 trip!

After lunch, we will head back to the monorail/TTC and walk back to the Poly to enjoy some pool/bar time!

Our first FP+ is Expedition Everest from 4:50-5:50pm so we will take a bus to AK around 5!

QOAQz27l.jpg

Then FP+ Kilimanjaro Safari from 6-7pm

After the safari, I think we will check out the Nomad Lounge for some drinks until our FP+ Na'vi River Journey from 7-8pm.

If the line for FOP is not too long, I hope we will attempt the standby line but we do have FP+ for later in the week so we will play it by ear.

On the way out we are planning to sit at the bar at Rainforest Cafe and get some appetizers as we will have a $25 Landry's card birthday credit to use!

Then we will take a bus back to the Poly! Since AK closes at 8pm, if we get back on the early side we may hit our personal favorite...... Trader Sams!

4JgSaArl.jpg

Outfits planned:

AM: PSU shirts as they play Iowa on this day

PM:
R6pkFr6m.jpg

AK shirt bought at Animal Kingdom a few years ago!

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 46 days!

Up Next: Day 3 Itinerary Sunday October 28th!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!