Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

Joining in. Your hotel room looks fab. We nearly stayed there on the last trip but went to Hotel New York instead.

Well done on the race as well

Love Landon's two Nanas comment so cute

Rainforest Cafe should totally embrace Toddler Happy Hour as a marketing technique! Sad to hear the burger was subpar as it looks delicious!

I can’t believe those cool PP plushes. I absolutely love finding unique merchandise like that. And omg your Starbucks mug!!! Swoon.

I definitely need to catch up on your blog posts about Paris (and London)?

How long was the trip from the Disneyland Hotel to the city?

I'll echo earlier kudos for knowing when to call it quits when the kids clearly have hit the wall. I see too many parents trying to push their kids into participating in every last second of an experience, which benefits neither the parents nor the kids.

We have been to a Rainforest Café once, not at WDW, but a local place for Nate's birthday one year. It was a one-and-done for us, T-Rex at Disney Springs, on the other hand, is another story!

I got serious anxiety listening to you describe listening to that guy insisting on the incorrect identification. I think I would have started singing Etta James' "At Last"... "At-lassssss" to the kids in earshot of the family. OMG, love the story about potential naming issues if you had another boy!

The Peter Pan plushies are awesome. Landon's comment is hilarious! Perhaps the original Nana could sponsor the ownership of stuffed Nana? The Tick-Tock Crock definitely would have come home with me!

::yes::

I thought this wasn't a rule in the Disney hotels? I know it's a French rule, but never seen it posted or enforced in a Disney hotel, is it in the Disney Hotel? (staying there in February, my previous stay in 2002 was an all girls trip, so no experience), because if it is, I'll have to let my husband bring his speedo's (which he has for French holidays)

I actually didn't know if Disney followed this rule or not, so I did some digging on one of my social media groups and it looks like Disney does not enforce this rule. I had just heard so many people talking about it in regards to the Explorer's Hotel that I just assumed it applied to both on-property and partner hotels. But that's a bit of a relief. I never packed swimsuits for anyone, because I assumed the boys would have to wear the speedos and knew that wasn't going to happen with my husband.

Joining in. Your hotel room looks fab. We nearly stayed there on the last trip but went to Hotel New York instead.

Well done on the race as well

Love Landon's two Nanas comment so cute

The Disneyland Hotel was such a dream to stay at! I'm really grateful that we got the opportunity to do it once.
Hotel New York is the next closest hotel, so I'm sure it was nice being right next to the bag check for Disney Village.

Rainforest Cafe should totally embrace Toddler Happy Hour as a marketing technique! Sad to hear the burger was subpar as it looks delicious!

I can’t believe those cool PP plushes. I absolutely love finding unique merchandise like that. And omg your Starbucks mug!!! Swoon.

Disneyland Paris really picked up their merchandise game since the last time we visited in 2016! There was more cool stuff there than I expected.

I definitely need to catch up on your blog posts about Paris (and London)?

How long was the trip from the Disneyland Hotel to the city?

I haven't done a London blog post yet. Haven't even uploaded the photos to my computer. The fall schedule has just been a little hectic.

It took about an hour on the train to get into the city.

I'll echo earlier kudos for knowing when to call it quits when the kids clearly have hit the wall. I see too many parents trying to push their kids into participating in every last second of an experience, which benefits neither the parents nor the kids.

We have been to a Rainforest Café once, not at WDW, but a local place for Nate's birthday one year. It was a one-and-done for us, T-Rex at Disney Springs, on the other hand, is another story!

I really want to take the kids to T-Rex the next time we're in Disney Springs! We went to the Natural History Museum in London, and Landon LOVED seeing the dinosaur fossils. He actually had show and tell today at school and wanted to take in his stuffed triceratops that he got at the gift shop there. He'd probably love the restaurant. And Evie wasn't scared at all when he took her to a dinosaur museum here in Germany and there were terrifying animatronics. Four boys around her screaming and crying and she was hanging on the rail, going, "Cool!"

I got serious anxiety listening to you describe listening to that guy insisting on the incorrect identification. I think I would have started singing Etta James' "At Last"... "At-lassssss" to the kids in earshot of the family. OMG, love the story about potential naming issues if you had another boy!

The Peter Pan plushies are awesome. Landon's comment is hilarious! Perhaps the original Nana could sponsor the ownership of stuffed Nana? The Tick-Tock Crock definitely would have come home with me!

::yes::

Haha, my mom would love to sponsor the stuffed Nana!
In hindsight, I do wish we had just bit the bullet and bought the Tick Tock plush, too. Would have completed the set!

Friday, June 15th, 2018 Part 1:

Rise and shine! Landon and Evie had their shoes on their feet, their jackets zipped to their necks, and their lungs primed for early morning giggles inside the Disneyland park.

One problem, though.

It was 6:30 in the morning and absolutely nothing was open.

:sad2:

Not exaggerating.

The Paris parks follow a slower, quieter approach to Disney mornings, which means no early breakfasts in the parks or foods courts serving up Mickey shaped waffles and pseudo-bacon. The kids, Alex, and I were hoping to grab a filling breakfast before enjoying Extra Magic Hours, but that was proving to be a challenge.

Our best option were the restaurants in the Disney Village, but even they weren’t helping us out much. McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich offered a pastry and coffee combination deal, but they didn’t open their doors until 8 o’clock.

We wouldn’t last that long!

We needed fuel!

Protein, carbs, caffeine!:drinking1

At home, I make breakfast as soon as my feet reach the kitchen floor. It’s one of the first things we do to start our day, so needless to say my family doesn’t handle waiting around well. We tend to get crabby when we don’t have our grains.

Alex and I decided to walk down to Disney Village, anyways, and see if maybe the hours posted online were wrong. We refused to believe that NOTHING was open yet. Walking out, we were the only guests moving about. We saw plenty of Cast Members arriving at work from the trains, and the ground was wet from the cleaners at work, but no other visitors like us were wandering.

The four of us felt like we got a behind the scenes look at the park operations.

At 7 in the morning…

Could you imagine what Walt Disney World would be like if nothing was running at 7? Kind of a crazy thought.

The universe had pity on our poor souls and we arrived at Starbucks shortly before it opened.

At 7:30 a.m.:rolleyes:

So, fun fact. If you want to get some food before a Disneyland Paris day, Starbucks is your best bet. We were first ones through the door when they opened:
01.JPG

Hooray, food was on the horizon!

The kids got a 3 pancake meal that came with orange juice while Alex and I got egg croissant sandwiches. They were really good, albeit on the small side. Evie wasn’t crazy about the pancakes (she doesn’t like pastries, doughnuts, those sorts of foods) so she ended splitting my sandwich with me, but Landon was more than happy to take the pancakes she didn’t want.

I had tried to order a coffee with my meal but was told the grinders were broken.

Starbucks had no coffee.

Wha-?

A coffee shop with no coffee?!:confused3

They did have espresso, though, so I had to go with an Americano. I was getting an extra strong caffeine kick that morning!

We couldn’t have timed our arrival better, because no sooner had we sat down with our food then the line to order exploded. It quickly reached out the door and onto the sidewalk, and all the seats inside and out were taken. By the time we were ready to go there was a couple waiting for our table.

My family walked back towards the parks and our hotel, where I proceeded to make the kids pose for photos.

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

This task gets harder and harder as they get older and older.

Just look forward, kids! Landon, focus…Evie, smile!

Our pictures forevermore will look like these. *sigh*

At least I managed to grab a nice one of just the hotel:
f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Officially, the park was open for EMH at 8:30, but when Alex and I approached the ticket turnstiles at 8 to wait, they allowed us to go in. Yay!

The train station looked so snazzy in its blue 25th Anniversary decorations:
f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f3 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I couldn’t wait to see Main Street again.

f4 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Before the trip, I watched a walking interview with Tony Baxter about the Disneyland Paris park and learned this is the only Disney park that has a gazebo in its center. Something Walt really wanted and intended for Disneyland.

Way to go Disneyland Paris.

(As an aside, that video was amazing and so incredibly informative and I encourage everyone to give it a watch, especially if you plan on visiting the park soon.)

The kids loved going up into the gazebo and dancing around inside:
05.JPG

It was while Alex was taking photos of them and I was reading the plaque displayed nearby that I saw someone come up next to me and say my name. Turning around, I realized it was Dugette!

Ahhh!!!
:cheer2:

Keep cool, Alicia. Keep cool.

“Hi!”

Dugette is a true DIS veteran here on the boards. I first “met” her when she wrote about her pregnancy with her daughter and I was pregnant with Landon and have followed here reports ever since. She’s a fantastic writer who captures what it’s like traveling to Disney, DL, and Aulani in an honest and entertaining way. If you haven’t read her reports, you really should give them a go. They’re great.

She’s one of a handful of people I’ve known almost my whole time on the boards. I have been working on fixing my past reports, because they went completely wonky when the DIS switched to new servers and photobucket stopped allowing 3rd party sharing (except I guess now they do?) and I came across this comment from us:

Ah, thanks! :flower3: It's a good thing we didn't cross paths...those two in one picture may exceed the DIS cuteness limits! :rotfl:

That was back in 2013.

2013! Five years ago.

!!!

And there I was now, standing face to face with this lovely lady whom I’d followed for years. Our kids have literally grown up before each other’s eyes, and what was once a joke was about to be a reality. It was unbelievable.

When I learned that @Dugette and her family were going to Disneyland Paris, all I had to do was change my tentative days by a few days to let us overlap. It was perfect timing, and I found it incredibly cool (just like with Lesley) that I was having the meet in Europe.

Dugette happened to be in the park because she was going to guest services to pick up tickets for the Mickey the Magician show. If you have a certain credit card, you can get a “front of the line” pass that allows you to avoid having to wait in line for hours. Pretty much a Fastpass for the shows.

She had gotten her tickets and was going to go back to her husband and daughter, but they ended up coming into the park and meeting up with us.

Landon and Izzy have similar personalities: outgoing, creative, very friendly so they hit it off immediately. You would have thought they were fellow students in their classes, the way they acted so familiar with one another.

Don’t you wish making friends was as easy as kids make it out to be?

“Hey, you’ve got a green shirt. Let’s go skip down that street then hop like a bunny.”

“Okay!”

Evie is my more reserved child and she preferred to hang back with Alex for the moment. Agreeing to take photos on Main St. while Landon stuck with Izzy.

06.JPG

07.JPG

f5 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

08.JPG

10.JPG

The four of us adults marveled at Landon and Izzy’s instant friendship as we made our way closer and closer to the castle. We were getting to experience an empty park and were basking in the gloriousness of uncrowded views of the castle.

f6 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

09.JPG

One of the things I miss the most from WDW are early mornings on Main Street. No trip for me used to be complete without getting a quiet photo in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Since that’s become near impossible with the new welcome show process and requiring ticketed events in order to obtain those traditional shots, I was appreciating the opportunity to relive my beloved castle memories there at Disneyland Paris.

Made all the easier to do since Landon was preoccupied with learning more about his new friend:
f7 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Dugette, maybe this is when they talked about flying?!

f8 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST:

CONT.D FROM PREVIOUS POST

Once we made it past the castle and around into Fantasyland, it was time to make use of Extra Magic Hours. There were a lot of favorites opened and the crowds were going to start arriving the longer we waited.

First up on the our list was Peter Pan’s Flight. I loved it so much the first time around that I needed a second go, and it was even better the second time around.

The kids wanted to go on Dumbo next to so we headed over in that direction, stopping at a 25th Anniversary sign to get some photos:
f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

And thus starting the trend of Landon and Izzy insisting they take pictures together. If they were with each other, they had to share the shot. Sorry, Dugette, for a lot of your Disneyland Paris photos having my eldest child in them.

There was only a five minute wait for Dumbo, and when it was time to load into our elephants Evie went with Alex while Landon stuck with me.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

I think everyone should ride Dumbo near the start of their day in Disneyland Paris, because it allows you such a magnificent view of the park from up high. You get to see the lush colors of the labyrinth, the massive exterior of Small World, and of course…the castle:

04.JPG

It provides a perfect layout of the back of the park and helps get your bearings.

Dugette and Izzy were in an elephant a few back from me, so I tried to get a snazzy photo of them when they were going past the castle:

05.JPG

I’ll stick with my day job…:rotfl2:

After Dumbo was finished, Evie was begging Alex to go on the carousel, and Alex has a hard time saying no to his daughter. Such a softie….

06.JPG

I stuck back with Landon, Dug, Dugette, and Izzy and tried to decide what I wanted to do next. The other two adults were trying to find a breakfast place but weren’t having any luck. I gave them a protein bar in the hopes it would help a little, because I understood their pain. Food and Disneyland Paris…an ongoing battle.

Then they decided to walk over to the Princess Pavilion, so Landon and I split from them and went on Peter Pan’s Flight again.

Don’t judge.

Meanwhile, Alex was enduring not one, not two, but three rides on the carousel.

He said every time it stopped Evie would shout, “Can we do that again?!” and Alex would look at the Cast Member who’d give him a thumbs up in indication that they could stay on the attraction.

And naturally, Evie had to pick a new horse every turn.

Round 1:
07.JPG

08.JPG

Round 2:
09.JPG

And Round 3:
10.JPG

Three straight go’s on the carousel…poor Alex. He really loves you, Evie.:rotfl2:

By the time Evie had had her carouselpalooza, the two of them met back up with me and Landon and we all hopped on Les Voyages de Pinocchio, which was a new dark ride for us. We couldn’t understand the story since it was in French, but it had whimsical scenes and the kids loved spotting Figaro. It wouldn’t be worth riding if the line was more than fifteen minutes long, but I was glad I experienced it once.

Once off the ride, we found Dugette and her family, who had left the Princess Pavilion and gone on Pinocchio, as well. Extra Magic Hours was almost over, and we needed to decide what final rides we wanted to accomplish before the rest of the guests started arriving.

Unanimously, we decided to walk over to Discoveryland and go on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.

Off we went!

Up Next…Don’t Let Me Witness a Fight Here Today

That is so weird that there are no options for breakfast before EMH until 7:30! And Starbucks not having any coffee, OH THE HUMANITY!

I loved all the lovely photos in this installment :flower3:
My family walked back towards the parks and our hotel, where I proceeded to make the kids pose for photos.

04-jpg.359309
They look like they are saying in british accents, "Oh we just can't be bothered for a photo dahhhhhling"

Don’t you wish making friends was as easy as kids make it out to be?

“Hey, you’ve got a green shirt. Let’s go skip down that street then hop like a bunny.”

“Okay!”
Too true! We could all lead happier lives if we embraced the 5-year-old's method of friendship!

:love: That is too stinking cute!!!
I’ll stick with my day job…:rotfl2:
I think you did great with your snazzy castle shot!

Loving all the photos of Landon and his new best friend :love:
They are so cute together :)
Evie looks so happy in all her photos. Dads and their daughters really do have a special bond ( says me - a self-confessed daddy’s girl).:goodvibes
Weird about the lack of food options in the early morning. Given that the French are famous for their cuisine you’d have thought there would have been plenty to choose from:confused3
Glad you got sorted eventually. Early magic hours seem to have been a great success :thumbsup2
Like you, I miss walking down an empty Main Street at WDW. I think it’s sad that so many things now cost an extra fee but I guess as long as people are prepared to pay it will always be that way :(

When I learned that @Dugette and her family were going to Disneyland Paris, all I had to do was change my tentative days by a few days to let us overlap. It was perfect timing, and I found it incredibly cool (just like with Lesley) that I was having the meet in Europe.
It really was cool! I wish we could have had a 3-way dismeet, but unfortunately I was about to board a plane flight when you guys met!

And thus starting the trend of Landon and Izzy insisting they take pictures together. If they were with each other, they had to share the shot. Sorry, Dugette, for a lot of your Disneyland Paris photos having my eldest child in them.
Such cuties!

He said every time it stopped Evie would shout, “Can we do that again?!” and Alex would look at the Cast Member who’d give him a thumbs up in indication that they could stay on the attraction.

And naturally, Evie had to pick a new horse every turn.

Round 1:
07-jpg.359322

08-jpg.359323

Round 2:
09-jpg.359324

And Round 3:
10-jpg.359325

Three straight go’s on the carousel…poor Alex. He really loves you, Evie.
Awesome! Whatever makes her happy though!

carouselpalooza
:rotfl:
we all hopped on Les Voyages de Pinocchio, which was a new dark ride for us. We couldn’t understand the story since it was in French, but it had whimsical scenes and the kids loved spotting Figaro. It wouldn’t be worth riding if the line was more than fifteen minutes long, but I was glad I experienced it once.
This ride is the exact same (minus the French) as Disneyland's version, but surprisingly had longer wait times at DLP! Normally it's almost a walk-on at DLR, but whenever I went over to it at DLP it had a wait time longer than 20 minutes-nope, not worth it! I ended up riding it during an EMH after my plans at WDS failed.

It was so great spending that Disneyland Paris time with your family and I'm enjoying re-living it in your updates! Izzy talked about Landon again today, by the way. Out of sight, but not out of mind. She definitely remembers frolicking through DLP with him very fondly. Thank you again for the protein bar (and later the help with where to obtain breakfast another day) - it's really amazing how hard it is to find anything at all to eat at DLP in the morning! I'm so glad it only took us 5 years to exceed the DIS cuteness photo limits! Haha, what a great quote to find!

That's really crazy that nothing was open for breakfast!! I guess we were even luckier than we realized with that upgrade on our trip since it included breakfast in the concierge lounge. We'd have been STARVING!! I'm not much of a morning person already, but no breakfast in sight...I would NOT be a pleasant person to be around!! lol

So incredibly cool that you got to hang out with Dugette & fam for awhile!! Landon and Izzy's instant friendship is about the cutest thing ever. As is Evie's love of the carousel!!

Wha-?

They did have espresso, though, so I had to go with an Americano. I was getting an extra strong caffeine kick that morning!

That's just... weird.

Before the trip, I watched a walking interview with Tony Baxter about the Disneyland Paris park and learned this is the only Disney park that has a gazebo in its center. Something Walt really wanted and intended for Disneyland.

That's fascinating!

She’s one of a handful of people I’ve known almost my whole time on the boards.

I have a few like that too. It's fun to have friends you've known for so long and have a history with.

I have been working on fixing my past reports, because they went completely wonky when the DIS switched to new servers and photobucket stopped allowing 3rd party sharing (except I guess now they do?)

I gave up. Just too much time involved. :(

I especially love this one!

That is so weird that there are no options for breakfast before EMH until 7:30! And Starbucks not having any coffee, OH THE HUMANITY!

I loved all the lovely photos in this installment :flower3:

They look like they are saying in british accents, "Oh we just can't be bothered for a photo dahhhhhling"

Too true! We could all lead happier lives if we embraced the 5-year-old's method of friendship!

:love: That is too stinking cute!!!

I think you did great with your snazzy castle shot!

The lack of breakfast options drove us nuts while we were there. The last time we visited, the hotel offered a "free" breakfast with the package but people were abusing the perk and they discontinued it.
Haha, the kids really couldn't be bothered with taking photos!

Loving all the photos of Landon and his new best friend :love:
They are so cute together :)
Evie looks so happy in all her photos. Dads and their daughters really do have a special bond ( says me - a self-confessed daddy’s girl).:goodvibes
Weird about the lack of food options in the early morning. Given that the French are famous for their cuisine you’d have thought there would have been plenty to choose from:confused3
Glad you got sorted eventually. Early magic hours seem to have been a great success :thumbsup2
Like you, I miss walking down an empty Main Street at WDW. I think it’s sad that so many things now cost an extra fee but I guess as long as people are prepared to pay it will always be that way :(

Evie and Alex really do get along great. I think it's because they have similar personalities.

I couldn't believe we'd been able to have such a fabulous brunch in the city of Paris but couldn't find anything in Disney Village! I missed when they offered free breakfast with certain hotel packages...

It really was cool! I wish we could have had a 3-way dismeet, but unfortunately I was about to board a plane flight when you guys met!

Such cuties!

Awesome! Whatever makes her happy though!

This ride is the exact same (minus the French) as Disneyland's version, but surprisingly had longer wait times at DLP! Normally it's almost a walk-on at DLR, but whenever I went over to it at DLP it had a wait time longer than 20 minutes-nope, not worth it! I ended up riding it during an EMH after my plans at WDS failed.

I didn't realize DL had a version of this ride, as well. Maybe since it was near Peter Pan's Flight and Dumbo and all the other popular Fantasyland attractions that's why it had a long wait time. It seems like that's where a lot of people congregated during the busy times.

It was so great spending that Disneyland Paris time with your family and I'm enjoying re-living it in your updates! Izzy talked about Landon again today, by the way. Out of sight, but not out of mind. She definitely remembers frolicking through DLP with him very fondly. Thank you again for the protein bar (and later the help with where to obtain breakfast another day) - it's really amazing how hard it is to find anything at all to eat at DLP in the morning! I'm so glad it only took us 5 years to exceed the DIS cuteness photo limits! Haha, what a great quote to find!

I do hope one day we'll be at one of the Disney parks at the same time again; I think the kids really enjoyed having another kid to ride the attractions with. And it seems like Landon and Izzy both have that bubbly, creative personality that allows them to create extra adventures in the parks.

That's really crazy that nothing was open for breakfast!! I guess we were even luckier than we realized with that upgrade on our trip since it included breakfast in the concierge lounge. We'd have been STARVING!! I'm not much of a morning person already, but no breakfast in sight...I would NOT be a pleasant person to be around!! lol

So incredibly cool that you got to hang out with Dugette & fam for awhile!! Landon and Izzy's instant friendship is about the cutest thing ever. As is Evie's love of the carousel!!

The last time we went to DLP, they offered a free breakfast with our hotel package, but I guess people abused the perk and they discontinued it. (Although, maybe you can still get it with concierge.) It's hard to get going on a Disney park when you don't have any fuel in your body!

I've done a lot of DISmeets in the past, but this was the first one where there were kids Landon's age. It was really exciting getting to see him hang out with another Disney fan in the parks. Perhaps one day we'll be in the parks at the same time and our DDs can meet. They're only a few months apart, and I feel like they have similar personalities.

That's just... weird.

That's fascinating!

I have a few like that too. It's fun to have friends you've known for so long and have a history with.

I gave up. Just too much time involved. :(

I especially love this one!

I thought the barista was joking with me at first when she said they had no coffee. Seemed like a crazy concept!

It's been fun getting to meet fellow DISers over the years. I have a great friend I've made here that's as big a Disney fan as I am, but otherwise my DIS buddies are the only ones I know who understand our Disney obsession. It's nice not having to explain to them why we're so excited about snagging a restaurant reservation or getting a great spot for a show.

I don't get it. How does not Starbucks not have regular coffee?? France is a very strange country.

So cool that you got to spend time with Duggette & family! I always marvel at kids who make friends instantly ... I did not do that as a kid, and I certainly don't do it as a cranky adult. The pictures of Landon and Izzy are adorable!

I think Alex deserves a "dad of the year" award for going on the carousel three times in a row. Wow.

At home, I make breakfast as soon as my feet reach the kitchen floor. It’s one of the first things we do to start our day, so needless to say my family doesn’t handle waiting around well. We tend to get crabby when we don’t have our grains.

I'm like this, too.

I had tried to order a coffee with my meal but was told the grinders were broken.

Starbucks had no coffee.

Wha-?

Wait, WHAT?! But it's...a COFFEE shop...

This is sweet!

Oh, that's cool! Also, good tip on the on the interview. I love documentaries, and also Disney, so it seems like a match made in heaven.

Dugette is a true DIS veteran here on the boards. I first “met” her when she wrote about her pregnancy with her daughter and I was pregnant with Landon and have followed here reports ever since. She’s a fantastic writer who captures what it’s like traveling to Disney, DL, and Aulani in an honest and entertaining way. If you haven’t read her reports, you really should give them a go. They’re great.

I love Dugette's reports! Izzy is so spunky and fun to read about, and Dugette has a great writing style.

Landon and Izzy have similar personalities: outgoing, creative, very friendly so they hit it off immediately. You would have thought they were fellow students in their classes, the way they acted so familiar with one another.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of it before, but I can totally see this! Landon and Izzy would make excellent friends!

I think everyone should ride Dumbo near the start of their day in Disneyland Paris, because it allows you such a magnificent view of the park from up high. You get to see the lush colors of the labyrinth, the massive exterior of Small World, and of course…the castle

Filing this tip away...

What a nice morning! All the pics of the kids are adorable! So cute that Evie and Alex got some daddy/daughter time on the carousel. And exciting to have a DISmeet and the kids hit it off so well!

I don't get it. How does not Starbucks not have regular coffee?? France is a very strange country.

So cool that you got to spend time with Duggette & family! I always marvel at kids who make friends instantly ... I did not do that as a kid, and I certainly don't do it as a cranky adult. The pictures of Landon and Izzy are adorable!

I think Alex deserves a "dad of the year" award for going on the carousel three times in a row. Wow.

I think plain coffee isn't as popular in France as it is in America. I think more people prefer espresso or cappuccinos. Made it rough for me, though!

I was a really shy kid, so I'm always amazed at how outgoing Landon is. He'll walk up to anybody and everybody and start chatting away.

I couldn't believe Alex endured three rounds on the carousel. I think he was just happy Evie had found something at Disney she enjoyed.

I'm like this, too.

Wait, WHAT?! But it's...a COFFEE shop...

This is sweet!

Oh, that's cool! Also, good tip on the on the interview. I love documentaries, and also Disney, so it seems like a match made in heaven.

I love Dugette's reports! Izzy is so spunky and fun to read about, and Dugette has a great writing style.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of it before, but I can totally see this! Landon and Izzy would make excellent friends!

Filing this tip away...

The interview is long but made me see Disneyland Paris in a whole new light.

Dugette and I have spoken a few time since about how both kids still remember and mention one another. I feel like in ten years, we'll be visiting Disney and letting them hang out again. Second generation DISboard friends!

What a nice morning! All the pics of the kids are adorable! So cute that Evie and Alex got some daddy/daughter time on the carousel. And exciting to have a DISmeet and the kids hit it off so well!

Poor Alex, having to sit through three rounds of the carousel. The worst part was how thorough the Cast Members were! If somebody wasn't standing EXACTLY where they were supposed to, they wouldn't start the ride. And if anybody moved or unbuckled, then they stopped the ride and began from the beginning. It was crazy!

Loved these updates so much!

Starbucks had no coffee.

Wha-?

No. Just no.

Once when I was commuting, we stopped at a Boston Chicken to bring home a prepared dinner.

And guess what- "We don't have any chicken right now"

The chain has since changed their name to Boston Market.

This task gets harder and harder as they get older and older.

Buckle up! It definitely does not get better.

IMG_5401.jpg

The kids loved going up into the gazebo and dancing around inside:

:love:

Sweet!

AWWWWWWW!!!!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!