Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

Hi friends. Long time no see!

Way, way back in the middle of summer I was looking over Landon's school schedule and made the joke to Alex, "Oh goodie, Landon will be back in school for three weeks before we leave for the race. Just enough time for him to catch all those germs and pass them along to me."

Funny, right?

Well, guess who caught that traditional, back to school cold from her son over the weekend??

:rolleyes:

So rather than spend a lot of time on DIS, reading everyone's reports and writing ones of my own, I've been resting whenever I'm able. Landon had his first soccer game this weekend, Evie's had her gymnastics practices, Alex is swamped with schoolwork, and so grabbing a few minutes here and there has been imperative.

I did my last long run on Sunday. It was- no surprise- horrendous, but at least I knocked it out. And today I've got an easy 3 miles I am going to complete after I go to a cake decorating class with a friend. Then one more yoga workout, and I'm officially done with training!

The race is this Sunday; we leave early Friday morning to attend the expo and pick up bibs. Saturday morning the kids will run their races and Alex will participate in the 10K. Then we drive back Sunday night so Landon can go to school on Monday. I was debating letting him miss that day, too, but of course it's his turn for show and tell and he would be devastated to miss that. He also has gymnastics practice that afternoon that he doesn't want to skip.

So, it'll be a whirlwind trip but we're excited for it. Our friends will be there with us and when we're not all racing our little feet off, we'll be enjoying the parks and appreciating the short break from reality.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning, then packing, so I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't be getting another update up before I leave. :sad: Apologies for that, but hopefully I'll be back on Monday with a medal around my neck, able to finish off our day's adventures from this past June. :goodvibes

Wish me luck!

Luck!

And you then will have to update first on the races! I leave Friday morning as well, hope to be in DLP around 930 and first get to the expo, then check in.

Have a great race weekend! I'll be thinking about you and rooting for you to have a race you're pleased with that's lots of fun.

That's exactly where we hope to stay when we go. However, I'm afraid once I see it for myself I'll want to return to the resort over and over again. It seems like one of those places that are even better in person.

I surmise you may very well be right!

Well, guess who caught that traditional, back to school cold from her son over the weekend??

:rolleyes:

Then you are in good company! I managed to get one too along with 4 of my co-workers.

It was- no surprise- horrendous, but at least I knocked it out.

How is ANY race "horrendous"? At least you got your butt off the couch. I cannot, sadly, say the same for myself. :(

I have a meeting tomorrow morning, then packing, so I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't be getting another update up before I leave. :sad: Apologies for that, but hopefully I'll be back on Monday with a medal around my neck, able to finish off our day's adventures from this past June. :goodvibes

Wish me luck!

Why apologize?! You do what you need to and we will all be here. :grouphug:

And of course you will have a medal around your neck!! You're going to do awesome!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! Take the time to enjoy the race! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Best of luck in the race! And hope you enjoy the weekend! Cute that your kids get to participate too.

I'm here and caught up and am now realizing we still need to finish going through our own DLP photos, haha. I'll try to do that and share with you.

My husband and I made the decision to go to Disneyland Paris back when he was still deployed. We knew we wanted to visit the Paris parks again, and a great deal had been released that offered two nights free with a two night stay. When I approached Alex about the possibility, we both agreed that we had to try out the Disneyland Hotel. It would be a once in a lifetime splurge that would also coincide as a post-deployment gift for the family. We had been looking forward to staying at this resort almost as much as we were excited to visit the parks, and therefore pulling up to the lobby and officially beginning our stay was cause for celebration.
That buy 2 get 2 was our justification for splurging on the Disneyland Hotel too. But boy does it spoil you to stay there!

It sure beat me. You would think that would have been something I would have stumbled across in my research, but somehow it escaped me. Instead it ended up being one heck of a surprise.
Wow, I find there is a lot of Disney stuff I don't know these days, but I actually knew about this one! So nice to have those extra FP even if we didn't always need them (we may have just burned a bunch riding Big Thunder over and over on our last night...)

It took less then ten minutes to walk from the exit of one park to the entrance of the second park. Something I find amazing every time I experience it. With years and years of Walt Disney World in my background, it fascinates me to experience two parks located so close together. I’m so used to having to plan travel time into my schedule that having everything in walking distance is one of the big reasons I love the Paris parks.

Alex and I never had to hop on a bus or load up into the car; everything we needed was just a short walk away.

How amazing is that?!

Especially with young kids, there’s something to be said about going on vacation and having a huge consideration (transportation) being not just taken care but essentially eliminated. It took away a layer of stress, which was a huge perk in my book.
Yes, as much as I love WDW and often enjoy the boat rides and monorail rides and such, being able to just stroll from hotel to park to park to hotel in minutes is amazing, especially with kids or tired end-of-night legs or whatever. DLP was amazing staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Spoiled us forever. It was also our first time braving a Disney park without a stroller and boy was it convenient to know everything was near if I needed to pop into the room for anything during our park time.

Not only was that such an above and beyond thoughtful thing to do, but they were actually geared to their interests. Lesley had taken the time to get something she knew they liked, which I was really floored by.
I can second this - she is amazing! She got the perfect gifts for Izzy - things she loved that also kept her busy. So thoughtful!

Landon thinks anyone and everyone is his friend, so it came as no surprise to me when he asked to ride with Lesley. In his little five year old mind, Lesley had shown up to hang with him. I mean, she knew his name and brought him a Tinker Bell gift…obviously she wanted to be his ride companion.
Haha, love this.

She was incredibly easy to talk to, and I was really happy to have gotten to the chance to meet her in person and get to know her better.
Totally agree. She's so nice and personable. We got to visit with her again last month at Disneyland and it was great!

That's exactly where we hope to stay when we go. However, I'm afraid once I see it for myself I'll want to return to the resort over and over again. It seems like one of those places that are even better in person.
Yes, Aulani is amazing and you will want to go back. We've been twice, but would love to return many more times. It's paradise.

Good luck on the races and hope you enjoy your time in the parks! Will be watching for an update!

Just catching up! I love hearing about a park I've never been to, and of course hearing about your travels! So fun you had a DIS meet up (and I know another one is coming up!).

Luck!

And you then will have to update first on the races! I leave Friday morning as well, hope to be in DLP around 930 and first get to the expo, then check in.

Good luck and have fun.

Have a great race weekend! I'll be thinking about you and rooting for you to have a race you're pleased with that's lots of fun.

Good luck and have so much fun!!!

Have an awesome run!!!

Good Luck!!! You will all do great!

And of course you will have a medal around your neck!! You're going to do awesome!

Good luck! Hope the weather is great for you.

Good luck, enjoy the experience, and have an awesome race!!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! Take the time to enjoy the race! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Best of luck in the race! And hope you enjoy the weekend! Cute that your kids get to participate too.

Good luck Alicia :shamrock:

Good luck on the races and hope you enjoy your time in the parks! Will be watching for an update!

Thank you all so, so much for the well wishes! It calmed my nerves a bit to check this thread Sunday morning and see all your words of encouragement. You guys are the best. :goodvibes

I'll write a brief TR for this weekend at the end of this report, but for now I'll say that it was a unique and wonderful weekend. Going with friends, experiencing a race weekend, and accomplishing a long time dream was a once in a lifetime experience. A certain husband might have had so much fun that he has already researched the cost of flying back to France and participating in the 36K challenge....:sad2:

Friday morning I plan on grabbing a huge cup of coffee, some comfy sweats, and my laptop and doing nothing but catch up on trip reports! So if I've been absent on your threads, never fear, I'll be back by the weekend!

And for now, I'll leave you with a couple photos that sum up my family's race experiences:

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Congrats on officially becoming a half-marathoner! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful weekend. I love the pictures!

Congrats on officially becoming a half-marathoner! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful weekend. I love the pictures!

Thank you! It was an amazing experience.
I won't lie, in the weeks leading up to the race, I was sick of running. I was tired, feeling guilty about all the time I was taking away from my family, and wanting a break.

But now that it's over? I'm itching to do another one! I have created this love/hate relationship with running.

Oh, and you were right...stairs were awful! Except I thought it would be the going up that would hurt. But oh no...it was the down that made me want to cry a little.

I won't lie, in the weeks leading up to the race, I was sick of running. I was tired, feeling guilty about all the time I was taking away from my family, and wanting a break.

But now that it's over? I'm itching to do another one! I have created this love/hate relationship with running.

Oh, and you were right...stairs were awful! Except I thought it would be the going up that would hurt. But oh no...it was the down that made me want to cry a little.

All of this sounds exactly right (and very familiar to me ... except occasionally I have problems with up and down stairs ... but mostly down). I'm looking forward to reading all about your next runDisney event :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!