Saw some shad stuff at Swan / Dolphin pool this week you don't see at Disney pools

At the Poly there was someone with a clip board walking around asking us our room number and name to make sure they matched up. I didn't see what was on her clipboard but I'm assuming it was room numbers with the person's name who made the reservation. I didn't see anyone get kicked out but she did ask everyone who was there that day.
And you're sure she was a CM? One potential scam came instantly to mind, and another shortly after:
- she could have been a thief looking for empty rooms ("okay, five people, room 2101 is empty right now...")
- equally as unlikely, she could have been determing room numbers for later unathorized visits to the Poly pool

I think all of us can agree that some people look so out of place in these situations that it is understandable when someone thinks they don't belong. I don't know if that is the case here but based on the description I think I would also suspect this group was not hotel guests. I also think the OP should understand that Disney hotels are not immune to this kind of abuse. There will always be people who try to take advantage or disregard the rules. If the situation warrants it, bring it to the attention of management. For example, if there were no tables or chairs left at the pool and a group was bragging about how this pool was better than the one at their hotel, by all means raise the issue so your family can use the area since you are hotel guests.

Great argument for the limiting of resort access to resort guests.
They really do not want to do that, the resorts are their own advertisement. I take thousands of pictures every trip and the during our 2015 trip the CM's of Animal Kingdom and The Poly not only let me into the pool areas to take pictures but at AK they got me a short tour of one of the rooms. The result we stayed at AK for 12 days in 2018 and we will be staying at The Poly in 2021 for 10 days. On the other hand the rude and snotty behavior of the CM's. I asked where the entrance to Beaches & Cream was their reply behind us but you aren't a guest go around. End result one hotel we will never stay at.

Gross.

Tacky.

Zero class.
It’s shocking to see this post from 11 months ago quoted tonight.

But if someone wants to use the pool at a particular resort, they should pay to stay there. It’s not fair to paying guests who can’t get a seat bc they are being taken up by non-paying guests.

It’s a Disney DVC resort, nobody paid $20,000 a week for a house in Nantucket that someone pool crashed. You are one of literally thousands of members, and it’s hard to imagine that 4-6 people, DVC members or not, would have any substantial effect on your stay.
It’s shocking to see this post from 11 months ago quoted tonight.

But if someone wants to use the pool at a particular resort, they should pay to stay there. It’s not fair to paying guests who can’t get a seat bc they are being taken up by non-paying guests.
You realize we’re staying in a DVC resort with literally hundreds of chairs not a $20,000 week vacation home in Nantucket.

You are absolutely right! My point was that it’s Disney World!! As someone who has shared it’s magic as a child with my parents as a child and now as a parent myself, to imagine getting upset over something like that seems counterintuitive to the whole experience.

I went to a water park with work (it was a reward for volunteer work) and one woman in our group in her 20s was wearing full length pants in the pool. It was a modesty thing, and apparently the pants are made for the beach and pools. They looked super comfy, and since it was off season and only in the 70s in NJ at the shore, she was the most comfortable of all of us! One employee questioned her about her attire and she explained they are swim pants., and that was all. (Water park rules stated no street clothes)

If you are unfamiliar with such garments, that might make you think it was street clothes. I admit before that day I had not seen them.

Last edited:

You are absolutely right! My point was that it’s Disney World!! As someone who has shared it’s magic as a child with my parents as a child and now as a parent myself, to imagine getting upset over something like that seems counterintuitive to the whole experience.

Really? How magical would you find it if you put out the big bucks for the Poly, only to find the pools so over-run your family couldn't enjoy it? That is why they do have pool gates, and why some resorts give out wrist bands.

And the idea that there are hundreds of chairs so it is no big deal is laughable. As someone who has stayed at many of the DVC/delxue resorts, sometimes as a paying guest it is next to impossible to find a pool chair.

You want to swim at a certain resort, pay to stay there. Simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!