Savory side dish ideas for 'the gray stuff'

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
I'm hosting a Disneyworld themed dinner party for some adult friends, and I'm making 'Roast Beast' as the main course (prime rib). I'd like to make a side dish of 'the gray stuff', and was going to use the recipe for creamed mushrooms from Rose and Crown, but now I find that several of my guests really don't like mushrooms - so I'm at a loss!

I know that at the parks, 'The Gray Stuff' is similar to frosting, but I'm looking for ideas for a savory side dish for prime rib which fits the description 'the Gray Stuff'. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

KC

Sounds like fun, maybe something like real-restaurant-recipes.com/Baked-Mashed-Potatoes with extra skins that were mixed separately to a fine paste for color

Mashed potatoes with a milk based gravy with meat drippings (or some sausage like biscuits and gravy) so they are on the gray side.
I would go with the mushrooms as well, not everyone has to eat them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter