Savor the Savannah Evening Safari

I think if I was under 21 I'd do Wild Africa Trek for sure. I am not sure I've ever heard a bad thing about that tour. Folks love it. Save the other for when they are 21 ;)
It really is more about drinking and eating, with animals thrown in too
I would just say that while there is more time for drinking and eating on this tour, I wouldn't agree that the animals are just "thrown in too".

I think that depends on who is on the tour. We asked a TON of questions and the animals were the focus the whole time. Depends how much you choose to interact with the CMs and ask questions during the dining portion.

I'd agree that WAT is all about the animals, with a very brief time to eat (and no alcohol).

I would just say that while there is more time for drinking and eating on this tour, I wouldn't agree that the animals are just "thrown in too".

I think that depends on who is on the tour. We asked a TON of questions and the animals were the focus the whole time. Depends how much you choose to interact with the CMs and ask questions during the dining portion.

I'd agree that WAT is all about the animals, with a very brief time to eat (and no alcohol).
It was a joke

Unless they've made changes since we did it, they only hold it when it's light out
I just called and asked. Was told they do offer this in December at 5pm and 6:15pm. She told me now that they have lights on the savannah they can offer it. Still seems like it'd be tough to see anything though?

I just called and asked. Was told they do offer this in December at 5pm and 6:15pm. She told me now that they have lights on the savannah they can offer it. Still seems like it'd be tough to see anything though?
I'd recommend going earlier so that you have really good visibility across the whole savannah.

It was a joke
Ok... then I see no reason to suggest being 21 and over.

Depends on whether you want more activity and an actual trek (WAT), or something more laid back with more time for food/drink.

No matter the age, I think it's about what experience people would prefer. I'd suspect more kids would prefer WAT -- I totally agree if that was your main point!

But it might just depend... and it might depend on how much activity parents are willing to do...!! This trip -- heat, tween drama, etc -- I was happy to have the chill tour and glass of wine...! :)

I'd recommend going earlier so that you have really good visibility across the whole savannah.
I agree. I would go earlier. I can't remember what time it gets dark in December but I would not do it in the dark. The person you spoke to on the phone is right, they have lights. But they are awful and you can't see anything. Folks on the phone probably have never gone to even know that

I agree. I would go earlier. I can't remember what time it gets dark in December but I would not do it in the dark. The person you spoke to on the phone is right, they have lights. But they are awful and you can't see anything. Folks on the phone probably have never gone to even know that
I just looked. The sun will set at 5:28pm on the night I was thinking of going. I think I'll have to pass this time around. I've read a bunch of times on here how bad the lighting is on the savannah.

Ok... then I see no reason to suggest being 21 and over.

Depends on whether you want more activity and an actual trek (WAT), or something more laid back with more time for food/drink.

No matter the age, I think it's about what experience people would prefer. I'd suspect more kids would prefer WAT -- I totally agree if that was your main point! But it might just depend... as I might depend on how much activity parents are willing to do...!!
Ok. I disagree. If you are weighing Savor and WAT and it's a tie/toss up. I go with those over 21 lean to Savor and those under 21 lean to WAT. For the alcohol. If all else is a toss up between what they wanted. In the conversation that PP and I were having at that time, that's what it was.

Ok. I disagree. If you are weighing Savor and WAT and it's a tie/toss up. I go with those over 21 lean to Savor and those under 21 lean to WAT. For the alcohol. If all else is a toss up between what they wanted. In the conversation that PP and I were having at that time, that's what it was.
Got it. Like I said: I suspect more younger people would prefer WAT.

But it's ultimately about what type of experience you're interested in. Not strictly your age.

How many drinks do you really get for the Savor Savanna? I've been looking to do WAT because more adventure and fun, and can always get drinks afterwards at different places.

How many drinks do you really get for the Savor Savanna? I've been looking to do WAT because more adventure and fun, and can always get drinks afterwards at different places.
We were offered multiple selections of beers and wines, in addition to juices and water. Didn't seem like they were putting a limit of refills... we were asked after our first glass if we wanted more. I'm sure they'd cut people off at some point (!!), but it didn't seem like a set number.

However many you can drink in the time allotted. I suspect the time wouldn't be enough to get someone so drunk they'd be out of hand unless they were throwing them back. I mean, you are also eating and moving around looking at the animals and chatting with the staff. But there was no limit on how many refills we got. When we did it it was an done like an open bar, you walked up and got more or they'd come to your table and pour more, whichever

This sounds like a lot of fun. I couldn't find any info or I missed it on the duration. How long was the tour? Always looking for anew experience to try.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter