#SaveBurudika - Harambe Village Street Band Ending 10/13

Wow - as you can see from my avatar, Harambe in AK is my happy place. Often, while my family ran off to do EE, of Kali, I'd get a coffee and an Elephant Ear pastry at Kusafiri Bakery and sit on that rounded bench right across from the band. Loved the music and watching folks of all ages join in the dancing.

Disney got this piece of the park soooooo right. And now they are removing an important part of that. :(

I couldn’t agree more. This area of the park has always transported me away from North America. It’s an unhidden gem IMO.

The real kick in the pants is there are no rumours currently about the gawd awful Dinoland Midway getting gutted.

Jeepers this bums me out.

Makes me so sad to think that they are going away.... especially if there is no replacement!! We have enjoyed all the different shows/entertainment in that section of the park. My daughter, a music teacher, has always dreamed of visiting Africa to experience the music and culture first hand. And I believe one day she will!! Disney has gone too far with cutting all these types of entertainment! :(

Unfortunately they have not gone too far. This happens every time there is a cut or a change. People who look forward to teh entertainment will notice, but for the vast majority of guests, it either does not matter if they even know that particular piece is missing. Disney knows this, which is why the responses are so generic and dismissive.

I have no idea if there will be something else to replace this, but I think the reality is that even if there is, something else will eventually go. Look at the Jungle Jammin Parade. Best parade ever IMO! And the Holiday layover was fantastic. It's gone with the expansion in DAK< but even with all of the sadness it is never coming back.

I feel the evening parades in MK will not be back either, although for the life of me I cannot understand that decision. One of teh most difficult decisions I make is how to see all of teh evening entertainment in the parks, and is the strongest driver for extra days to stay on my vacation.

meh...it is just background noise, and they do nothing but create a traffic jam.

I am sure they are talented, but i don't see the purpose. Add some speakers and play a CD of them, all the time. You accomplish the same goal.

Add "atmosphere", but dont impede traffic.

Feel free to visit a Six Flags park near you.

Sad to see them go :( We love the live entertainment there, certainly adds to the experience in AK. Maybe they'll have the Tam Tam drummers and Kora Tinga Tinga out later in the day. I spent some time watching them last week in the morning 🥰

Feel free to visit a Six Flags park near you.

LOL.....ok...you got me there. i actually can see a six flags park through the trees in my back yard. have not been there in 15 years. So, i get your point.

I am just not a fan of that part of harambe..... way to crowded.....traffic needs to flow better.

LOL.....ok...you got me there. i actually can see a six flags park through the trees in my back yard. have not been there in 15 years.

New to a lot of this. Not the biggest Disney fan but a huge theme parks fan. And isn't this post the exact reason why none of these change petitions matter? Even when Disney cancels shows we love, or eliminates entertainment, or changes Maelstorm to Frozen....or on the flip-side of that coin, puts entertainment right in the walkway just to annoy us....and on and on....they don't NEED to listen to any of our feedback. They know there are hundreds of sites like this one where people are complaining about every decision they make, but will still go to WDW over the Six Flags right in their own back yard.

All of that said, I totally signed the petition to keep real live photographers at meet & greets...not a fan of the boxes...maybe that will be the first petition to actually make a difference! :-)

BTW, Harambe is probably my favorite theming in the parks, and losing Burudika is a huge hit to that.

Got a reply from guest services that went “Words words words Guest Feedback words words”. I think they have 3 cut and paste response emails that they send out for everything.

Its a real bummer about them leaving but its not a big surprise. Anything that Iger can cut and keep saying the Magic Of Disney it will be gone, Just look at all the live entertainment cut and the end of easy access to strollers and/or ECV's. For those I expect Disney to step in and charge a lot more for what they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!