Savannah and Eric's Memories Disney Wedding

runner_princess

Mouseketeer
Hi all! As I near the 6 month mark when I can actually book our package, I thought I would get started with a planning journal on here. Eric and I have a had a few bumps in the road of our relationship, but we are solid, committed, and planning our dream wedding!

We are hoping for a 12/4/15 wedding on Luau Beach at the Polynesian, ideally with an 11am start time. It will just be us - we have small families, and older parents, and most of our friends have small children and wouldn't be able to make the trip. We are hoping to keep the whole event under $8000, including all the extras and our trip!

We have explored cruise weddings, S&D, and pretty much ever other option, and this is finally the one that makes the most sense for us....I couldn't be happier.

10409058_10100255399918377_8173708402191884173_n.jpg

How We Met:

Eric and I met on Match! I had gone a few uninspired dates and happened onto his profile late one Saturday night. We began messaging that evening, which turned into texting, phone calls, and an amazing weekend long first date!

We got engaged over Easter weekend at an Illuminations Dessert Party in Epcot. I was beyond surprised. We had been in AK since 8am, and then all over Epcot, so the fact he'd been hiding a ring in his pocket the whole time was amazing.
11110027_10100255086865737_5650874056958172922_n.jpg

10486219_10100254782974737_2232529950553810041_n.jpg

11137155_10100254783034617_5327783501740448033_n.jpg

Welcome and congrats on almost being able to book your wedding fingers crossed you get what you want! Love your proposal story! I bet he was so nervous carrying a ring around all day! Following along

Happy Planning :goodvibes
Melissa

Welcome!! Your proposal pictures are so cute. :goodvibes Can't wait to see your plans as they unfold.

I spent last weekend dress shopping, and I am happy to say that we found a winner! I wanted something nontraditional and fun....

Some runners-up:

An Adrienna Pappell
IMG_6082_zpszzerjb60.jpeg

Mori Lee - excuse the weird face
IMG_0193_zps7v6588jg.jpg

Allure
IMG_0187_zpsexvaktfo.jpg

B Loved
IMG_0189_zps4ymqtcj3.jpg

Allure
IMG_0191_zpsrdcc70x3.jpg

And the winner (after a million colored dresses at David's......)
IMG_0201_zpsxesmlzkt.jpg

IMG_0203_zpsj0dyawaj.jpg

The color is Oasis, and the dress is beyond gorgeous in person - excuse the I-phone photos! Now to figure out Eric's outfit and my accessories.....

Oh how cool you're going with a color & not the traditional white!
I was actually looking for an eggplant/wine color at first. All your runners up were beautiful too!

Hey aren't you on the DM boards?? LOL

Oh how cool you're going with a color & not the traditional white!
I was actually looking for an eggplant/wine color at first. All your runners up were beautiful too!

Hey aren't you on the DM boards?? LOL

I am on DM boards as well....loving all these wedding planning communities!

We booked our room for the wedding trip! I own DVC at BLT, but am a hardcore SSR lover, and we were able to get a 1 bedroom using our points for the trip. Neither of us have been at Christmas time before, so we are going to be checking out the MVMCP as well as the decorations at all of the resorts. I'm trying to figure out ADRs and other events now as I wait for the 6-month mark that I'll be able to have DFTW talk to me!

We're also been looking at photography options - pictures are our number one priority for sure. We had looked at MK photo shoots, but our preferred date is during a blocked week for MK, so we are now thinking about doing HS pictures, and adding either 1 hour of photography to our Memories event, or the 1-hour resort photo shoot at the Boardwalk.

Right now I am impatiently waiting for our booking window to open on 6/4, so I've started to plan out the things we want to do on our trip and then going to try to figure out what to do on each day. Right now, our list looks like this:
- Wedding ceremony
- MVMCP
- HS Photoshoot
- HS Park day with Fantasmic and Osborne lights
- Resort Photo shoot
- Post ceremony meal with wedding cake
- Groom's mini cake (hoping to do the night before the wedding)
- Miniature golf
- Ohana dinner
- Character breakfast
- Cape May Cafe dinner

Now hopefully I'll know after I talk with my planner what day our park photo shoot will be, so I can begin to put all of those items into time slots!

Very cute proposal story. Thanks for sharing. Love that you are going non traditional for the dress. Can't wait to see more.

With my dress picked out (and arriving next week! SQUEE!) I've started to look for day of accessories on Etsy.

I know I want a clutch, maybe one of these:
il_570xN.744224815_lx4q.jpg

il_570xN.590415647_lyjm.jpg

il_570xN.400676829_gyks.jpg

I'm also looking for earrings, and think I've decided on these as a subtle Disney touch:
il_570xN.642676121_bmwq.jpg

As far as headpieces and shoes, I'm still looking....trying to figure out what to do with my hair is an oddly hard choice, and that makes choosing a headpiece SO tricky!

Oh, I really like all of those clutches! The first one is my favorite, though. :) Any of them would look fabulous with your dress.

Christmas at Disney is simply Magic. I have been a few times. It's one of my favorite times to go.

MVMCP-- unless it's changed-- free hot cocoa & cookies. Ride all the popular rides as many times as you want for little to no wait. The Parade is super cute. And snow falls (well not real snow). It was fun, as 4 adults we had a blast.

When you go, you must check out the resorts for their decorations. Boardwalk has an amazing set up & so does the Grand.

I love the clutches. I also prefer the first one. If you are planning on wearing a necklace than those earrings are great but if not I would choose a long earring that hangs down to add visual interest to the simplicity of the dress. But that is just me.

I love the clutches. I also prefer the first one. If you are planning on wearing a necklace than those earrings are great but if not I would choose a long earring that hangs down to add visual interest to the simplicity of the dress. But that is just me.

I like the long earring idea! I'm still undecided about a necklace, but I love the idea of statement-ish earrings.

Not a whole lot of wedding planning going on right now - trying to figure out ADRs before my 180+10 day mark.I'm also job hunting, and am impatiently awaiting an offer for a job that would be completely amazing but would require a move from Indiana to Colorado. Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!