Saturday of Memorial Day weekend?

Kim in TN

Disney & Dachshund Lover Lurks daily, posts rarel
We will we’re thinking about a day trip to the MK after getting off the Fantasy before we head home. But just realized it’s Memorial Day weekend? I’m guessing it will be packed?
For reference we typically go the 2nd week in June. Thanks!

I would assume it would be very busy. Do you have APs? If so, I'd probably do it. Book what FPs you can, and do some off the beaten path stuff. If you don't have APs, depending on the size of your party, I might skip it due to cost and crowds.

I'm going to buck the trend of the past 2 posters and say I don't think it's all that bad.
It's when we always go. Busy but I have never used the word "packed" for that day.
The reason is only a portion of the country is out of school and for those who aren't, it's too close to the end of the year for them to make trips.
It's sort of the same as Labor Day weekend, but for opposite reason. It's so close to the start of school that for the portion who have begun, they aren't ready to take off yet.

I do agree, if you have an AP, go. If you are buying a 1 day ticket, I wouldn't.

We have done the week before and week after for many years. Week before is awesome. Saturday has a noticeable change in crowds. By Tuesday it jumps to another whole level.

If I were to do that Saturday, it wouldn't be MK for sure.

We've done that week a couple times and plan to again this year. As the week progresses you can feel a change in the amount of people there but it's nothing insanely crowded - fingers crossed for this year as well it won't be.

We will we’re thinking about a day trip to the MK after getting off the Fantasy before we head home. But just realized it’s Memorial Day weekend? I’m guessing it will be packed?
For reference we typically go the 2nd week in June. Thanks!
We've been for Memorial Day weekend as recently as 2016 and it wasn't that bad.

Any holiday weekend is always busy unfortunately.. With that said, do not let this discourage you, as long as you plan accordingly, book your FP+ and ADRs as soon as possible, and pack some patience, you will be fine

I believe this is when they always do their 24-hour thing in the MK. Isn't it always Friday - Saturday right before Memorial Day? Not sure if that makes it more or less crowded. I would guess so many people would be there Friday night through the early morning that it might be down a little.

I believe this is when they always do their 24-hour thing in the MK. Isn't it always Friday - Saturday right before Memorial Day? Not sure if that makes it more or less crowded. I would guess so many people would be there Friday night through the early morning that it might be down a little.

If I recall correctly, WDW hasn’t done a 24-hour day in a couple of years now.

If I recall correctly, WDW hasn’t done a 24-hour day in a couple of years now.

Yup.
Some speculate that Disney was not happy with the results when they offered the "24 Hour" events.

I've done Memorial Day and the following week once at WDW and twice at USO/IOA and I never thought it was as horrible as people make it out to be. Is it busy, sure. Crazy packed like after Christmas, no. Been there done that and won't do it again! Just plan accordingly and make fps and reservations for food. We will be arriving this year the day after and will enjoy 2 weeks at WDW. :)

Yup.
Some speculate that Disney was not happy with the results when they offered the "24 Hour" events.
Such a bummer. Now that the kids are older, that would have been so much fun.

They stopped the 2am closings too didn’t they?

They stopped the 2am closings too didn’t they?

They went from 3-hour length PM EMH to 2-hour length PM EMH and they don't run the regular hours as late, in most cases.

Last edited:
can you tell me more about Memorial Day week crowds?
we are headed there on Monday - Memorial Day (kiddo baseball tourney prevents earlier arrival) for 4 days at WDW and 3 days at Universal.

I've been there on 9/10 days during the summer and I've been there the week of Thanksgiving.
Those were probably the worst crowd wise and still manageable.
Will this week be similar?

thanks in advance!

I've been there the week of Thanksgiving and the last week of July, first of August.
Memorial Day weekend falls below those in crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!