1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
Topping
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tblsp. lemon juice
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and grated lemon rind in a large bowl. Beat egg in medium bowl. Add milk and butter. Add egg mixture to
dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed (batter will be lumpy). Stir in fruit. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes. Topping:
Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Measure sugar in separate dish. Take slightly cooled muffins and dunk top first into butter mixture then
into sugar. Makes 16 large or 32 small mufins.

I think we'll have these for Saturday breakfast! They sound wonderful!
:D

Thanks for sharing!

I have never heard of a Saskatoon. I see that you can use blueberries -- are they similar?

and the most northern parts of that Country......we are starting to cultivate it in the US...northern parts also......it is a very different berry than what we are used to ......but similiar in its taste.....it isn't really a berry but a pome.....so you can sub blueberries for this recipe and still come out ahead.....and the blueberries were very good this season.....

Can you substitute cranberries?? I have several zip lock bags full that my mom picked for me (thanks mom!!).

Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth:

Now that sounds really good! Although, I might be tempted to substitute orange for the lemon when using cranberries. You guys are making me hungry!
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter