Saratoga: what is your favorite thing or least known secret?

dcbarry

Earning My Ears
So, just got my confirmation for Saratoga Springs for Sunday as a Guest. Huzzah!

We will be there a week with the kids. (teens).

Any special secrets or tips about staying there that you recommend we take advantage of? What was your favorite thing?

Thank you!

We love the Turf Club Bar and Grille (really great!), and taking the boat to Disney Springs! Also if you're in/near the Paddock, the Paddock pool is a great alternative to the main pool. If you're in the Grandstand area, get a room overlooking the golf course and enjoy the beauty and serenity

Main pool has a bar and some snacks and food. But for more options send a dry person up the stairs to the store/counter service place for more options and cheaper beer by the can!

A favorite is walking to Disney Springs from Congress Park. It is so quick. Also you can take a water taxi from the pier attached to the walkway to DS to either Town Center or Westside. But with the bridge across the lake in Disney Springs from the market place near the Rain Forest Cafe and it ends at the riverboat, Paddlefish, you are in Town Center before you it just walking.

The OP didn't say whether they have a standard view or preferred view reservation, but if you have a preferred view, one of my favorite things to do is request a view of Disney Springs and just enjoy the view from our patio or balcony.

For teens, the Community Hall has vid games, ping pong, and other activities organized at the main pool -- plus s'mores in the evening. Renting a surrey bike is a novelty to tour about the resort. It's easy to get to Disney Springs and go bowl at Splittsville or take in a movie.
For parents, sitting on the balcony and having a glass of wine after a frenetic day -- priceless. The calm of the resort is a balm after the stimulation of the parks. We love the Grandstand area and being close by the pool/hot tub to relax during the evenings.

Saratoga Springs is a really nice resort. We had a great meal at Turf Club, and absolutely love being able to walk to Disney Springs.

Turf Club is awesome and they also take TIW at Artist's Palette. The north end of Bldg. #5501-5836 in the Paddock section is a great location. Close to the Paddock pool and bus stop and the bridge to walk to the Springs / 3rd bus stop so usually still seats available.

Walking the paths at SSR has always been a favorite - but especially at night over the bridges to Disney Springs is lovely - music and low lights are well done. Community hall for DVDs. If you can grab a table outside on back porch of Turf Club to drink or dine - view is great. Our last stay was so lovely because we had late nights and we slept in easily as it was so quiet there - a huge difference from some of the other DVCs.

I enjoy staying in the Congress Park area and walking over to DS to grab a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich and then some jelly beans at Goofy's candy company. I love Earl!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter