Saratoga Springs

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at Saratoga Springs in a preferred villa next month and I want to make my room requests. I believe that The Springs and Congress Park are the preferred locations, which are the last 2 bus stops? We will be travelling with a toddler and I will also have an ECV. Which area/building would be the best location? Also which pool would be better for our toddler?

We stayed a few years ago in The Grandstand area, which if I remember correctly was the first bus stop so I had no issues loading my ECV. Will I have an issue loading at the las 2 bus stops?

Also this time we are not renting a car because of the parking fees. Will Bell services bring our luggage and grocery delivery to our room for us?

Also this time we are not renting a car because of the parking fees. Will Bell services bring our luggage and grocery delivery to our room for us?

Are you renting the room from Disney or are you staying in the room by using points? Because if you’re staying with DVC points then there are no parking fees overnight at the resort.

Last edited:
In December we stayed in Springs and my aunt had a scooter. Only once was there not room on the bus, but they called another bus quickly. My aunt ( aged 80 ) was very satisfied with the help she received by bus drivers and everyone involved.

In December we stayed in Springs and my aunt had a scooter. Only once was there not room on the bus, but they called another bus quickly. My aunt ( aged 80 ) was very satisfied with the help she received by bus drivers and everyone involved.

Can you tell me what they did with the people on the bus to load the scooter. Or did they call a bus directly to your stop so the scooter could be loaded first.

Can you tell me what they did with the people on the bus to load the scooter. Or did they call a bus directly to your stop so the scooter could be loaded first.

Depends on the driver, some will make the people move that are seated where the scooters ride.

:earsboy: Bill

That is good to hear. Glad she received such great service.

Next time rent a reservation from a DVC owner, you might save some money and you get free parking.

:earsboy: Bill

We were able to book at the last minute with the Annual pass holder rate, which was too good of a deal to pass up. We have rented a villa next year, so it's good to know if we do rent a car we won't be charged for parking.

. . .
We were able to book at the last minute with the Annual pass holder rate, which was too good of a deal to pass up. We have rented a villa next year, so it's good to know if we do rent a car we won't be charged for parking.

Since you rented direct through Disney using your passholder discount, you will be charged for parking at Saragota Springs. Only members using points for their guests or renters are exempt from the parking fee.

We stayed at the Springs area a few years ago. We didn't have a scooter. As you say, this is the last bus stop for SSR. I can remember waiting at the Springs bus stop for close to an hour waiting for a MK bus. We saw full bus after full bus pass us by without stopping as they already filled at the other SSR stops. It was very frustrating. I'm not sure if having a scooter would help or hurt though. I think they only have room for 1 or 2 scooters on a bus. If they are full, then you're out of luck. It could be the case that the bus was full, other than the scooter spot, and that could get you on. A lot of this depends upon the time of day too. You won't have any problem at 2:00 pm when the buses are empty. We had our issue around 8:00 am trying to get to opening. I might be inclined to head over to the Carousel section to pick up the bus earlier.

The Springs are nice for access to the pool and store, but not the preferred bus stop. That's been my experience.

The Grandstand is the first bus stop and we really liked that area, we though it was very close to the main building and we like being the first on the bus.

We stayed at the Springs area a few years ago. We didn't have a scooter. As you say, this is the last bus stop for SSR. I can remember waiting at the Springs bus stop for close to an hour waiting for a MK bus. We saw full bus after full bus pass us by without stopping as they already filled at the other SSR stops. It was very frustrating. I'm not sure if having a scooter would help or hurt though. I think they only have room for 1 or 2 scooters on a bus. If they are full, then you're out of luck. It could be the case that the bus was full, other than the scooter spot, and that could get you on. A lot of this depends upon the time of day too. You won't have any problem at 2:00 pm when the buses are empty. We had our issue around 8:00 am trying to get to opening. I might be inclined to head over to the Carousel section to pick up the bus earlier.

The Springs are nice for access to the pool and store, but not the preferred bus stop. That's been my experience.

Correction - I might be inclined to head over to the GRANDSTAND section to pick up the bus earlier.

A problem with Congress is some peeps free park at Disney Springs then walk to the Congress bus stop to avoid the parking charge. Sneaky.

Considering the extra point requirement for preferred, grandstand is our fave location, especially if using buses

That is good to hear. Glad she received such great service.

You have to do the math every time. It isnt always cheaper to rent points than to book with Disney, just usually cheaper. This is especially true at SSR and OKW. Ive even once gotten BLT cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter