Saratoga Springs

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
This will be our first stay at Saratoga Springs in a deluxe standard studio. My daughter is 6. Is there a particular location that is good and convenient. Is there anything there that is a must do. Also how is the dining?

Thanks for all your help!

The Grandstand Section (Standard Location) is very close to the Carriage House (check in, main dining & feature pool) and is the first stop for theme park buses. The Grandstand has a pool & pool bar.

The Carriage House has a decent quick service restaurant (Artist's Palette) and a table service restaurant (Turf Club). We haven't eaten at the Turf Club, so I can't comment on the quality.

I like the paddock area because it's not too far from either the Carriage house or the path to Disney Springs.
At SSR you have your choice of dozens of excellent restaurants and shops, just ten minutes away at DS.

This will be our first stay at Saratoga Springs in a deluxe standard studio. My daughter is 6. Is there a particular location that is good and convenient. Is there anything there that is a must do. Also how is the dining?

Thanks for all your help!

Check to make sure the electrical outlet behind the couch has not been crushed. Two separate rooms on our trip had the lamp plug bent and crushed behind the sofa bed. Needless to say its a fire/shock hazard if the lamp is in use. There is a trick to force the HVAC into service mode which will keep the system on even if the room is not occupied. The controls vary from room to room. A quick google or Youtube search should help.

The Grandstand Section (Standard Location) is very close to the Carriage House (check in, main dining & feature pool) and is the first stop for theme park buses. The Grandstand has a pool & pool bar.

The Carriage House has a decent quick service restaurant (Artist's Palette) and a table service restaurant (Turf Club). We haven't eaten at the Turf Club, so I can't comment on the quality.

I have eaten at Turf Club and I thought the food was great along with every one in my party.

Congress Park is closest to Disney Springs. Short walk to bus and pool. A few blocks to Carriage House. We loved looking out over the water to Disney Springs. For one extra point a night got Congress Park preferred view.

We stayed in Congress Park and love the proximity to DS. Our sons are older, so they were back and forth to the Springs all the time. We could walk right in. Or take a boat to the other side for the movies and bowling.

We like the pool there too. Only ate at the resort when we arrived, while waiting for our villa to be available. Food was good. We ate a lot of meals at DS.

With a younger child you may want to be closer to the action of the resort.

Though I too believe Congress Park area with lake view is one of the best, that area unfortunately is now a preferred point cost area not standard. With standard view and a six year old, I would suggest something close to one of the two feature pools such as a near pool request in the Paddock area or Springs area. And you should definitely hit the Turf Club for dinner one night.

For a standard studio, I'd go with the Paddock (Congress Park and Springs are considered preferred - Grandstand, Paddock and Carousel are standard). Their pool and counter service is very nice. The pool has a great water play area for kids. It's not too far to walk to Disney Springs either.

Thank you for all your responses. I am going to put in a request for either the grandstand or paddock. Does anyone know how the bus stops are in these locations and what order they come
Thanks

Thank you all! Should I put in for either the grandstand or Paddock or both. Also is there any other requests that I should put in for. I also waitlisted boardwalk standard view but I’m not hopefully that we will get it. We are going in August

I would suggest you request Paddock because that pool is so much fun for kids your daughter’s age. The grandstand pool is just a standard pool, no water slide. Since you get to make 2 requests on your online check in, also request to be near the pool (which also happens to be the bus stop, so double win)
I do like the grandstand when it’s just me and my husband but paddock is the preferred location of my kids.

I’m piggybacking on this thread. The DW and I originally booked AKV for our May trip but found we could squeeze in an extra night at the SSR! We got a preferred room, so what’s the best preferred section if we want easy bus access?

I’m piggybacking on this thread. The DW and I originally booked AKV for our May trip but found we could squeeze in an extra night at the SSR! We got a preferred room, so what’s the best preferred section if we want easy bus access?
Congress Park is best preferred section for us.

We like congress or paddocks, my kids were younger they preferred the paddocks pool over the feature pool because of the zero depth splash play zone. The food at the resort is ok but we typically just go to the springs to dine- amazing variety of excellent restaurants there and just a quick walk from congress.

19473718-021E-4DE0-902B-B5A7726F7502.jpeg DB2A33CE-9781-4327-9FA4-5AC2B65013FB.jpeg Congress Park, love it! We’ve had great views! And I think the Artist Palette has really good quick take out food, love the fresh potato chips that come with sandwiches. The Turf club is often our arrival night dinner spot, good cocktails, very good food (I dream about the roasted lamb loin, perfectly medium rare, it was succulent) SSR Isn’t my home resort but I’ve always enjoyed my stays there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!