Saratoga Springs Nature Trail to Port Orleans

maloned

DVC Member 2006
Has anyone every walked or taken a bike rental from Saratoga Springs to Port Orleans on the Nature Trail that goes through Old Key West? We're DVC members staying at Saratoga Springs and we've never explored Port Orleans. It's only a little more than mile distance. Would anyone recommend spend a few hours there?

https://goo.gl/maps/TZUzGyKFXH82

Saratoga-Springs-to-Port-Orleans_zpsj7ihhbkz.jpg

You can't take a bike from SSR to POR. You can take a bike from SSR to OKW. There is no path from OKW to POR, just a backstage area through a construction site. The path from DS to OKW stops at South Point at OKW. You'll need to hop a bus from DS to POR.

And you need to stay off the cart paths for the golf course. Only golfers are permitted on the cart paths.

I would take the boat to POR from DS. It is a nice experience.

The POs are nice to walk around maybe for an hour. I would find a few hours too long. I would get off the boat at one of the PO, explore, walk to the other one, explore, and boat back from there.

There are a lot of things I would rather do than the above but I would still enjoy it. Especially the boat ride but I love boats.

You can take a boat from DS to OKW and OKW to DS. Or you can take a boat from SSR to DS and DS to SSR (including the Treehouse Villas). Or you can take a boat from POR/POFQ to DS (stops at both PO resorts) and DS and POFQ/POR. None of the boats goes between the resorts.

What times do the boats run? Are they early enough to catch breakfast at a DS location from one of the onsite resorts?

What times do the boats run? Are they early enough to catch breakfast at a DS location from one of the onsite resorts?

As PP mentions, roughly 9 or 10am and they are not frequent in the morning. I'd probably take the bus, or if staying at SSR, just walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!