• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Santa Monica-proximity to LAX

dawnrose

Mouseketeer
We are leaving tomorrow for a trip to Santa Monica and American Girl Place...Can't wait! My husband has to fly back to Sacramento for a day for work. We are staying at the Shangrila in Santa Monica. Can anyone tell me how far this is from LAX? Could he take a taxi? Or a shuttle? I'd appreciate any info. Even info on good places to eat in Santa Monica. Thanx, dawnrose

Santa Monica is 15-30 minute drive from LAX (depending on the traffic and route you take). Most of the time, Lincoln Blvd. is fastest and most direct. Taxi's will cost $15-20 (unless it went up because of gas prices). Primetime shuttle is roughly $16 each way and can be reserved ahead of time via their website http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/ I always use them when I have to go to and from LAX. Super Shuttle is about the same price. You can pay when you get to the airport too, follow the signs at baggage claim to shared vehicles.

I've eaten at most of the restaurants around the 3rd Street Prominade, and love most of them. Bucca de Beppo on 2nd and Broadway is good family style Italian, Yankee Doodles on the prominade has good pizza and steaks, etc. There are lots of others too. Every type of food you could want. The Shangra La is within easy walking distance of soooo many things, you should like the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter