santa asks: what’s on your wish list?

When we ordered one of the gifts for the boy, we ordered a ton of batteries, because if that thing needed batteries, what about the dancing unicorn, etc. I'm not going to be the momma who when the kids open their presents they can't play with them. That much I know and I'm still a parenting newb. Hell, I bought batteries in sizes I don't *think* I'll need just to cover us. I mean, who ever said they had too many batteries?
I forget them all of the time but luckily we have a stockpile lol

Shirts, underwear socks.
Anything else is just too complicated for someone other than myself to buy.

DD bought me a an armrest for my 1965 Mustang. They make one for cars without a console, with a rounded bottom, and one for cars with a console, square bottom. She consulted my DW and DS and they all agreed I did not have a console. Wrong. That funny chrome strip between the seats was considered a console in 1965. Cost her most in return shipping that the armrest cost.

Take a family picture in front of the tree every year. They will treasure those later in life

i agree on the photo. one of my favorite items to pull out with the christmas decorations each year is the album with each year's santa photos with my kiddos (and before they came along mine/dh's as kids, a few as newly marrieds). so much fun to look back and see how much they've changed year to year. it's the simple stuff that makes for memories-making some favorite cookie or holiday snack, going to look at holiday lights, the endless loop of the chipmunks christmas album playing :crazy::crazy::crazy:. i also get both kids an ornament each year that either reflects a trip we've done, a milestone or one of their individual interests. i keep them stored in special boxes until they have their own places and put up trees. it's fun to walk down memory lane and see what they were into/up to over the years.

Great advice and we do try to spoil them with experiences over things and it seems to be working so far. The boy asked for a trip for his bday (4 days after Christmas) vs. toys and a big party so I felt pretty good about that:) I love all of these ideas though and ones others have mentioned. We've got Nutcracker tickets, plan to take them to see lights, will bake cookies, and will do some kind of ornament thing. Basically, any time we can be with them, it's magical. Those kids are certainly spoiled with love even if I don't do everything exactly right all the time. Or, that's what I tell myself!
Any parent claiming to be perfect is a bald face liar. We’re humans and we’re going to make mistakes. Don’t try to be perfect, it takes too much damn energy. Just love them and make sure they’re not swinging from the rafters and you’ll be alright.

All of this Amber... ESPECIALLY the batteries.
My grandma had a crazy stockpile of batteries. Ran into a cousin or sibling a time or two running over there in a panic on Christmas morning. :rotfl:

I just buy the bulk versions of batteries from Amazon and keep them in my office. If a toy needs a battery, I've probably got dozens for it now. Sometimes I feel like a hoarder with the things I stock up on at this stage of my life. I need to downsize but the thought of doing it scares me.

I really want a new dressage saddle, but even I don't know which one I want yet, so that's not gonna fly for Christmas. In the meantime, most of my wants revolve around the horses anyway...

New leather halter with nameplate.

Boot socks for my tall boots.

Dressage bridle.

Horse treats.

A necklace made from the tail hair of my heart-horse who passed away earlier this year.

Shirts, underwear socks.
Anything else is just too complicated for someone other than myself to buy.

DD bought me a an armrest for my 1965 Mustang. They make one for cars without a console, with a rounded bottom, and one for cars with a console, square bottom. She consulted my DW and DS and they all agreed I did not have a console. Wrong. That funny chrome strip between the seats was considered a console in 1965. Cost her most in return shipping that the armrest cost.
But she was thinking of you! And made an honest effort to surprise you.

I was just making us a stockpile. Also, what if it's the end of the world, batteries will be important!
But here’s a hint. If one of the kids’ toys runs out of batteries and it’s one that drives you crazy, just say “ I’m so sorry. I know this is an important toy but none of the batteries we have will work in it. We’ll have to wait a few days until we can get one.” That buys you a bit of time to let your ears rest

Christmas activities don't have to be complicated. Kids are happy with a tub of popcorn and Christmas movies on the couch at home. Our kids get Christmas pjs and a Christmas book on Christmas Eve. My dh and I sign the books, date them and write a short message to the kids in them. We hope that when they grow up they'll enjoy reading the messages. We also make Christmas cookies, decorate the Christmas tree, listen to Christmas music in the car, visit Santa and watch lots of Christmas movies. Their favorites are Home Alone and Curious George A Very Monkey Christmas.

I asked for a cookie jar. I pretty much buy what I want when I want so I don't have many wants. I usually ask for practical things that would make my life easier but can't bring myself to buy because I can use other things to get the same result.

I asked for a cookie jar. I pretty much buy what I want when I want so I don't have many wants. I usually ask for practical things that would make my life easier but can't bring myself to buy because I can use other things to get the same result.
Santa wants to know if he should leave the cookie jar under the tree empty or filled with cookies ( and what kind)

I'm always happy when Santa brings me Disney stuff. There's plenty out there now, like the Haunted Mansion spirit jersey. There are some Jim Shore figures that are great, but I'm not sure I really want to get into that because once I have one....

My usual go-to's are movies and video games. This year, I could go for some Switch games like Kirby's Star Allies or Starlink with that sweet Starfox toy (I'll be buying Smash Bros. before Christmas!). Any of this year's Disney Signature Editions, like Peter Pan or Lady and the Tramp are a safe bet too.

Santa usually treats me pretty good. My biggest problem is what I can tell Santa to get for others!

Santa can keep the gorgeous jewelry and beautiful coats this year. A GLASS GRINDER is what I'd like.. Having a second one would speed things up.

You sound like me. Did you make the stained glass in your picture (sorry, can't remember the right term for it) under your name? It's beautiful.

I want a scroll saw, an angle grinder, and a workshop.

A treadmill. It's not safe to run locally in the dark.
If there happens to be a gift certificate for a new SparkleSkirt or a RunDisney registration that would be wonderful.

Household item: new carpeting in the living room and new flooring in the dining room and kitchen.

Eh. I mean, I don't know. Maybe tickets to a play or something? A nice bottle of whiskey? I'm pretty good this year.

How about some time off? One of my favorite parts of Christmas break was lounging around the living room reading or watching movies, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter