Santa Anita Racetrack- Seabiscuit tour, Oct/Nov racing schedule

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I will be calling Santa Anita later this week, but I have heard it's hard to get a "real" person to speak to via phone, so I thought I'd ask here first.....

We will be in SoCal late Oct, early Nov. We would like to visit Santa Anita. I know the Breeder's Cup is being hosted there Nov 1st and 2nd. I work Preakness week in the Horseman's Relations office at Pimlico, so I know how chaotic it is the week before a big event. I wouldn't mind going the week before BC but the week after is also an option, IF the park will still be open to the public then.
Wondering when would be a good time to visit Santa Anita during the time we will in the area. Things we are interested in are: Arrive early morning. Have breakfast at Clocker's Corner, while watching morning works and the Seabiscuit Tour (if possible). A "plan B" would be to just visit in the afternoon the after BC, take a few pics (Zenyatta & Seabiscuit statues, etc) have lunch and watch a few races.
Their website does not currently have the racing schedule posted for Oct/Nov 2019.

Anyone familiar enough with the venue's schedule around Breeders Cup weekend to give input, please do! Thanks!

I'm not an expert, but I have been to the track many times. It seems like the track is usually pretty open in terms of ability to walk around, see the horses, statues, infield, etc. It's a huge facility and there's never much of a crowd.

The real question here is whether or not Santa Anita will even be open at all by then. There's been a lot of trouble there lately, and a lot of crazy rumors going around, so I'd definitely keep an eye on the news before planning anything. I hope everything gets resolved and they continue to host races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!