Sangria, Sisters and Sons...10/3 Complete!

Matt and I were up at the unGodly hour of 1:45 am to leave the house by 2:30 am for our 6 am flight out of Midway Airport in Chicago.
Almost seems hardly worth going to sleep in the first place! Ouch!
I seem to be a gluten for punishment
You need a gluten-free vacation.
I'll say it again, NEVER AGAIN.
Until next time, of course. :rolleyes1
I simply enjoy my sleep waaaaay more than an extra day at Disney. I know, the horror...
:scared1:
We were literally the only ones going through security (because everyone else in the Chicagoland area was still sleeping😏).
:laughing: I'm thinking even security was wondering why you were there.
The Wilderness Lodge is still my fav deluxe but the CR is a very close second.
Really!

And yet... I've wanted to stay there for the exact same reason. Want to go to MK? Just stroll on over!
1215C65C-2221-4475-A466-FF6F2FF6554B.jpeg
:lmao:

Hi! I've seen your reports on the boards for a long time now, but by the time I get to them I'm way behind and usually just read them without commenting. But I managed to get to this one right at the beginning! I'll be following along on your August adventure. :goodvibes

Ah...so much fun! I love the Contemporary Resort also...we probably stayed there the most before becoming DVC members and now I try to get Bay Lake Tower or the Polynesian whenever possible.

Such a fun start to the trip so far. I know what you mean about those early flights. Still I do enjoy having that extra time.

I think you'll get another 7/10 on your bucket list this time! :)

Hiya I'm here:wave2:
You look like you were having a lot of fun on the plane so I can only imagine what fun you have when you actually arrive:goodvibes
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I'm guessing 9/10 things accomplished on your list because 1) I'm an optimist and 2) I'm a realist :rotfl:

:welcome:

I also make lists each trip for new things I want to try . I never get to all of them but I figure it gives me some things to look forward to next time .
Making a list helps me come out of my comfort zone so I'm forced to try new things.

Oh my goodness, what a gross early morning! I don't know how you did it!
Never again. I mean it this time! 😏

Sounds like lunch in Japan was nice! Off to a good start! :)
I've eaten there before, but its been awhile.

I am here!!!!
YAY!:P

I love this idea.I think I need to make a list for our trip!
If I didn't make a list, I probably wouldn't try anything new.

I Know the answer to this one: a little birdie that starts with a C was texting with my little birdie about her dinner.
It was such a great evening!!!

I was just looking at there menu as an option for us.
It was really good!

Joining in!
YAY!!!!

I mean, I'm a guest star so why not? But I'm also excited to hear how the rest of the trip went.
That's so true Timmy! It was so great to finally meet you!!!!!

Marking my place and subbing in. :) Will be back to read this weekend. (Wherein you'll have approximately 400 more chapters up. LOL!)
YAY! So happy to have you!!!! I can't wait to see you next month!

Until next time, of course. :rolleyes1
Seriously! I mean it this time.😏

And yet... I've wanted to stay there for the exact same reason. Want to go to MK? Just stroll on over!
It's honestly the perfect location!!!!

Hi! I've seen your reports on the boards for a long time now, but by the time I get to them I'm way behind and usually just read them without commenting. But I managed to get to this one right at the beginning! I'll be following along on your August adventure. :goodvibes
Awww! Thank you! I hope I don't disappoint!!!!

I think you'll get another 7/10 on your bucket list this time! :)
You may be right...😏

Hiya I'm here:wave2:
You look like you were having a lot of fun on the plane so I can only imagine what fun you have when you actually arrive:goodvibes
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I'm guessing 9/10 things accomplished on your list because 1) I'm an optimist and 2) I'm a realist :rotfl:
YAY! Matt and Tim are a bunch of goofballs so there were definitely a lot of laughs!!!!
You are close...7/10:P

Last edited:
Glad to have found another one of your TR's!! I hope you got all the things on your list...making your own treat is one of the things I'd love to try too...hope you got to that one!

Hi Jenny,

I’m here, sounds like a great first day even with the ungodly wake up call!!
I leave in the morning except we get to leave at 8:00am!
Talk to you when I get back!!

Joining the party!

I think you'll go 8/10 on your list.

We leave in 13 days. We had a 6 AM flight booked, so we would have been up at 3:30, but I added a night and we're leaving 7 PM the night before, arriving 12:15 AM. Plan is to sleep until 10:30, wake up and leave for POP. That should have us starting our first day rested instead of exhausted. Especially since we're going to DAH that evening until 1 AM!

I like your list of things to accomplish. I always get home and remember things I wanted to do but forgot. It is usually little things like different snacks or a photo op. I like the idea of making a top ten list. It seems so obvious not sure why I have not done it. I guess I always think I will remember.

Real Life Update...

Yesterday, Joe, Ash and I went to a White Sox game. We had a lot of fun, ate some great food and watched an awesome game. Our beloved Sox beat the Astros 13-9 with a grand slam to win the game!!! Feel free to click on the link to watch our latest Jen and Joe on the Go! vlog...

Last edited:

Hi Jenny,

I’m here, sounds like a great first day even with the ungodly wake up call!!
I leave in the morning except we get to leave at 8:00am!
Talk to you when I get back!!

Hi Caroline!!!! Have a great trip! I hope you enjoy your SWGE preview!:P

Joining the party!

I think you'll go 8/10 on your list.

We leave in 13 days. We had a 6 AM flight booked, so we would have been up at 3:30, but I added a night and we're leaving 7 PM the night before, arriving 12:15 AM. Plan is to sleep until 10:30, wake up and leave for POP. That should have us starting our first day rested instead of exhausted. Especially since we're going to DAH that evening until 1 AM!

You are definitely doing it the way I want to do it next time!!!!
You will love DAH, so much fun!

I like your list of things to accomplish. I always get home and remember things I wanted to do but forgot. It is usually little things like different snacks or a photo op. I like the idea of making a top ten list. It seems so obvious not sure why I have not done it. I guess I always think I will remember.

I feel that if I don't do this then I won't force myself to do new things in Disney. This makes me have some kind of accountability. Plus, who doesn't love to try new things at Disney, especially with all the great changes and updates to things like snacks. YUM!

September Update:

So, I ended up changing some of our dining reservations for the September trip. We are no longer having dinner at The Plaza the night we attend MNSSHP. Instead, we will be dining at Tony's. It just made sense location-wise since we will be meeting Tinker Bell with a FP as soon as we are let into the party at 4 pm. Plus, we had a really good meal there last June, so I decided Tony's was a better option that night.

Next, I replaced Tony's our last night in MK with Skipper Canteens. We had a really good meal there last week (and every time we have been there) and I am just dying to have another pineapple/mango/passionfruit sangria!!!! This is a newer drink option on the not so secret/secret menu and it's delicious and refreshing.

I think that's it in terms of changes...I'll continue on with my current TR in the next few days... :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!