Sangria, Sisters and Sons...10/3 Complete!

the boys were anxious to put on their suits and head down to the marina.
Nothing like a man in a suit. It's the tie that does it.

:rolleyes1
They rented a SeaRaycer and tooled around Bay Lake for about 45 minutes.
I've never done that... didn't even know they still did!
I can't remember what he had, but I had Sangria from a box. Yep, @ariane37 @buzzrelly @pepperandchips and @kastoney I'm talking to you!!!!
:lmao:
In no time at all, I was walking back to my room with a shrimp and rice bowl full of veggies
mmm... that sounds good!
Boy, it was so nice to just walk over there
Such a huge perk!
We waited to eat almost 45 minutes past our reserved time.
:( That's bordering on ridiculous.
the chef make me a cheeseburger with fries,
Huh! I find it interesting that he could. Where did he get the bun from?
9D61D3B2-0658-4AAF-93E6-25AB0DA95648.jpeg
It must be done.
:laughing:

All caught up reading your latest updates but haven’t watched your vlog yet as I’m lounging at the pool in Vilamoura,Portugal without headphones. I really need to splash the cash and buy myself some. I mean seriously, what is it with me and headphones :confused3 Spent 3 fortunes on holidays to Florida (or Portugal this year ) and begrudge £20 for headphones:rotfl:
Pity the plaza took so long but I’m glad they redeemed themselves by catering to your dinner needs :thumbsup2
Love, love, love your HM photo! Brilliant :thumbsup2
Ok weird question- the more I read your report and see photos of your son Tim, is it possible that in his first college program he jogged around the boardwalk early in the day in July wearing some patriotic shorts and a big smile? We used to see a guy as we strolled over to the bakery each day that we called the “happy jogger” and if it wasn’t Tim he has a double lol. If it was him he should know ha always made us smile because he looked so happy even though he was jogging in the Florida heat!:goodvibes

Love, love, love your HM photo! Brilliant :thumbsup2
That is my favorite ride photo op for sure!

Ok weird question- the more I read your report and see photos of your son Tim, is it possible that in his first college program he jogged around the boardwalk early in the day in July wearing some patriotic shorts and a big smile? We used to see a guy as we strolled over to the bakery each day that we called the “happy jogger” and if it wasn’t Tim he has a double lol. If it was him he should know ha always made us smile because he looked so happy even though he was jogging in the Florida heat!:goodvibes
No, that wasn't my Tim. He wouldn't go out jogging if his life depended on it. :rotfl2:

Friday, August 9th
We Start our day at Ohana!

Hi everyone! We all slept in this morning, as I'm not a rope drop person but will happily do it if I have too (besides, we had a late evening and sleep was much needed). Julie had actually surprised me the night before while we were at the Villians DAH and called to tell me she came in early to start her vaca (she was originally set to come on Friday morning). She spent the evening ordering room service and watching tv in her room with Gia while we were at the DAH. She had tried to get tickets as well but the event was sold out. I'm not sure if I mentioned that before...

We all met up at my room around 10 am and walked together to the monorail. Security was a breeze and in no time at all, we were on our way to the Polynesian for brunch at Ohana. We checked in and had our photo op with Pluto. Is this a new thing??? I don't ever remember taking pics with him outside the restaurant...When we were finally seated, I asked to switch tables. We were originally put in a back corner and the lighting wasn't very good. Our seater obliged and moved us to a different table, but not before she had us stand to the side and handed us our pineapple bread to eat. WHAT??? This was weird and I should have known that this was an indication of this not being a very good dining experience.

Once seated, our server came around and literally dumped our platter of food on our table. He didn't even ask us if we wanted drinks. No worries. I called him back and politely told him that we would like to order a few Lapu Lapu's and some orange juice for Gia. 😏 He seemed completely annoyed but did come back bearing drinks...And, OMG! Those puppies are STRONG, but delicious and satisfying all at the same time.:P I will be having one again and Joe definitely needs to try one (perhaps in September)...We saw the characters, took pics, Gia and Julie walked the parade and we barely saw our server again...Oh, and under our table was all kinds of food and silverware from diners before us. It was really disgusting.

After we settled our tab, I tracked down the manager and very calmly told her how horrible our brunch was. I don't often complain, but this was one of those times when I felt the manager should know what was going on. She was extremely polite and credited $100. back to my card for all the trouble we experienced during our meal. I thought this was extremely generous and much appreciated.

It was time to part ways at this point. Julie had something very special planned for Gia and the boys and I wanted to spend the day in the MK...Tune in next time to find out what Julie planned for Gia and if the boys and I really stayed at the MK. Hint...It was hooooooot out!!!!!!!

DBE26D0A-1E6F-45E7-BE9A-34D1840C0E28.jpeg
35EE5680-5DBC-4288-A521-A15D2D8F9C4D.jpeg

EC930738-E427-4A1E-B2A4-EB983D3AA77E.jpeg
50176523-E4A2-469C-A642-2375A8501F9A.jpeg32D2A18C-CD9B-4EEE-92F0-AD4429332734.jpegDE3D80E2-05E4-4563-B82D-F58A5C114665.jpeg
4DB9C532-125F-4273-8DCB-809B3264DE2A.jpeg8002E50D-692B-4DF7-97C7-EA5D947EEEE8.jpeg3225A7BA-FE86-467F-82EF-A490F7760710.jpegF930108F-541C-4FA9-838A-480AA63AA982.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that wasn’t a pleasant experience. Did you like the food ? O’Hana breakfast goes on and off my list.

Wow that wasn’t a pleasant experience. Did you like the food ? O’Hana breakfast goes on and off my list.
The food was just ok this time. In the past, it was always pretty good. Yep, another I won't be visiting for awhile.

Reactions: DLo
So sorry your breakfast was such a disaster. YUCK! Food and silverware under the table? Gross. And you just stood there eating bread with no drink order to follow. You were right to see a manager. Not okay!

The Villians Party looked super fun! I hope I can try the Maleficent Cone in a few weeks! Yummy! You took in so many rides- I'm impressed!

They rented a SeaRaycer
SO fun! I want to do this again!
but I had Sangria from a box. Yep, @ariane37 @buzzrelly @pepperandchips and @kastoney I'm talking to you!!!!
And I'm so happy my girlfriend let me know we have this locally too lol!
For all of your protesting, I think you actually really love it!
::yes::
We checked in and had our photo op with Pluto. Is this a new thing???
I remember awhile back they started having Stitch meet people out there for a picture rather than having him meet inside; I guess they rotate which character does this? I also feel like they do this now at the 1900 Park Fare breakfast. Not sure why, all I can think is it's a way to get people out quicker.

I remember you telling me your meal here sucked, that's too bad. We did breakfast once there and while it was ok it wasn't impressive enough for us to go back.

The Villians Party looked super fun!
It was really fun but pretty crowded.

SO fun! I want to do this again!
Me too! Its been a few years for me...

And I'm so happy my girlfriend let me know we have this locally too lol!
I love our group texts with the girls :love:

Park Fare breakfast. Not sure why, all I can think is it's a way to get people out quicker.
Yep, we met Tigger outside.

I remember you telling me your meal here sucked, that's too bad. We did breakfast once there and while it was ok it wasn't impressive enough for us to go back.
Yep, no need to go back here or to Via Napoli for awhile...

Gia is just to cute :goodvibes
I know, right!!!!

6 pages already! Ugh I'm so behind. I'll be back to catch up but wanted to make sure you knew your sister wife wouldn't miss this one
Hey, you were on a very long Disney/beach vaca!!!! You are my dearest sister wife. :love: I hope you had a great time in SC!!!!! Casey will be in my part 4 vlog, FYI!:P

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the last VAH event! Isn't the Malificent float a sight; it definitely fit in with the theme of the party.

Oh no, sorry your brunch was so disappointing. Not the way you wanted the rest of your family members to start their first Disney day! I've heard over and over again that the service has become too rushed at O'hana's now. Hopefully enough people address the issues like you did and they start making some changes.

My family did the ‘Ohana breakfast several years ago. It wasn’t a terrible experience but not the greatest either. We enjoyed the food but the service was disappointing. I remember having to track down a different waiter than ours to try getting some more waffles. Our waiter was inattentive. We’ve had no strong desire to go back.

Wow I hope we have a better time at Ohana's breakfast in September! What a mess!!! I'm glad they gave you some money back though. I find sometimes its so hit and miss talking to people in person lol I feel like when I do they usually just say awe too bad and walk away hahaha

Hmmm I wonder if the Lapu Lapu counts as an alcoholic drink on the dining plan?? I need to look into this!

24 Days and Counting...

Not much to report other than I made massage appointments for me and Joe the day after we arrive in St Pete from Disney...Yep, after Disney, we will be spending 4 nights at the beach. I figured with all the walking we will be doing and lugging Gia around, our bodies will be in need of a good rub down. I hope that didn't sound dirty. LOL! So, it's relaxation massages for 2!!!

Speaking of St Pete, we will be spending time with Joe's family while we are there, as well as Julie, Todd, and Gia. In fact, we are babysitting Gia that Saturday night, so her parents can go to a concert. I think they are seeing Blue October.

We will also be doing quite a bit of vlogging as I want to share with all of you some of our favorite places in St Pete. It's such a great city.

I will have another Disney blog soon as well as a very cool haul vlog...Have a great day!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!