Sandford

madmouse

Ears on,Brain off!!!!!!!!
Hi guys,
Am flying into sandford airport this time,have booked with Avis car hire,I gather its off site,anyone know if its easy to find,do they have a bus to take you there??????
Also whats sandford like as an airport,for duty free etc?????
Thanks,
Sarah.

Sorry can't help you about Avis, but I like the uncomplicated-ness of Sanford when arriving.
It is straight off the aircraft, short walk to baggage reclaim, then short wait at immigration and out you go...Dollar straight ahaead across the road, Alamo to the right. Very simple.
As for time to come home, if you are at the airport a bit early there is not much to do. Only 1 shop and 1 duty free shop, which is pretty average. There is an area outside though where you can catch the last of the sun before heading home to damp miserable Britain.
I didn't like the food they sold in the cafe thought. It was pretty awful actually come to think of it, and pretty pricey.

But all in all I do prefer Sanford, even the 1 hour drive to WDW or Kissimmee doesn't put me off

Personally, I try and avoid Sanford now. I guess I was unlucky - everyone else that I know has been through Sanford said it was a breeze.

My flight arrived with at least three others and the immigration backs were so backed up that they held us all in a large room whilst the queues died down.

From getting off the plane to climbing into my hire car took over two and a half hours!

The facilities at the airport are poor, but I gather things are set to improve (new shops etc).

I've had mixed experiences and I do try to fly into International now.

At first I really liked Sanford - straight off the plane out to Dollar and on our way. However, the last time we flew back from Sandford, there were 3 flights leaving within the same 1 hour time slot so the queues to check in were HUGE - they actually snaked out of the building across the road in front of the airport. We queued for 2 hours to check in.

Things may be better now, or it may have just been out unlucky day.

Maxine

We've had good and bad experiences at Sanford too, so all down to luck I guess. It's a nice easy drive on a virtually empty toll road. You'll need some cash - the tolls vary, but for the most part are 50c or 75c and I think you pass through 4 or 5.

Hi everybody.....
I booked with Avis about two years ago you have to ring them to let them now you have arrived,just ask at the reception and they will ring for you,I thought it was better than the ones at the airport because there was no rush,and the man had time to show us around the car and being first timer this was definitely a plus, and they don't charge for extra keys to be cut on Sundays!

we have always flown in & out of Sanford & haven't had any bad experiences. Immigration not too bad & picking up luggage very easy, as is Dollar car hire.

I agree the food in the airport is pretty awful & very expensive- Best to eat before you arrive at the airport. Not much in the way of Duty free- basic cigs alcohol & perfume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter