Sanaa bread service

bawamz

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how much bread comes with the bread service at Sanaa? I'm trying to decide if I need to budget for one or two for our group. We are 2 adults and 6 kids (15, 14, 12, 9, 4, 2).

TIA

Definitely at least two. If you want to save money, just order a few other dishes and eat family style, rather than ordering individual entrees.

The salad sampler goes well with the bread service, treating the salads as additional bread toppings. The biryani is good to share (rice and vegetables, with or without chicken or shrimp).

Ooo, I like this question! We'll have 7, 2 grown ups, and the rest are 20, 19, 17, 12, and 10. Sounds like we'll start with 2 and go from there. I also had considered ordering foid we could eat family-style.

Side question: how many people can fit in the big booths that face the savanna? I'm trying to decide if we should split up to try to get a view or if there's a chance we can stick together and still have a view.

Ooo, I like this question! We'll have 7, 2 grown ups, and the rest are 20, 19, 17, 12, and 10. Sounds like we'll start with 2 and go from there. I also had considered ordering foid we could eat family-style.

Side question: how many people can fit in the big booths that face the savanna? I'm trying to decide if we should split up to try to get a view or if there's a chance we can stick together and still have a view.
Don't worry about splitting up your party for views. You can go on the outlook at the resort before or after your meal to see the animals.

My DS said he thought there were five to start?? But we also ordered a little more bread by the piece, to finish up some of our sauces. (I think it was $2.50 each, in Dec. 2018.) So for the size of your group, I would say go with two orders and then add a couple of pieces if it's not enough.

Having eaten at Sanaa several times, the latest being just three+ weeks ago, I can tell you that the service comes with 5 na'an of varying flavors (for example, one has a bit of onion, another is spicy, one is plain, etc. The "flavors" are rather mild--you'd have trouble identifying them blindfolded). Depending on the appetites of the group and whether this is just meant as a simple appetizer or a meal, you would need two or more. We most often choose the bread service as a meal, and we pair it with the aforementioned salad sampler or a bowl of soup, and that's our meal. For the record, our server told us back in March that only the full service is offered at Sanaa anymore, so all 5 breads and all 9 sauces.

We are a group of six adults on the DDP, so we will all order entrees and desserts. Do we still need two? Both of my DDs can fill up on naan, but we will be using DDP credits and paying OOP for the bread service.

We are a group of six adults on the DDP, so we will all order entrees and desserts. Do we still need two? Both of my DDs can fill up on naan, but we will be using DDP credits and paying OOP for the bread service.

I am going to offer the dissenting opinion. We have been to Sanaa several times. First time, with 5 of us (3 adults and 2 teenage boys), we ordered one bread service. We loved it so much we ordered a second...after already ordering our 5 entrees. By the time we finished the second bread service, we all agreed, it was a mistake. We were too full to enjoy the entrees; most didn't finish more than half...I hate costly waste.
I suggest either sharing entrees or just order 1 bread service for up to 6 people. Of course, this depends on how big of eaters your group is. My group almost never orders appetizers or desserts. We are good with just entrees, and that is usually too much food. Often, we share apps and entrees, especially at lunch.

Thanks for all the input. We are planning to share the bread service(s) and then split a few entrees between us. We don't want any leftovers. I'd rather pick up snacks later than pay for food we can't eat.

If the kids were young, you might get by with one. With that many teens, you''ll need at least 2.
But the naan is really good and the spreads are amazing, so I wouldn't mind having to get 2.

The last time we went to Sanaa, we were a group of 6...including two kids who were 7 and 9 at the time. We needed two bread services for the table.

The last time we went to Sanaa, we were a group of 6...including two kids who were 7 and 9 at the time. We needed two bread services for the table.
Was that with other entrees as well, or were you making a meal out of the bread service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter