San Juan Port - What time does it open

anniepoppins

Earning My Ears
Very sad that I cannot recall this from our cruise 2 years ago, but what time does the port open in San Juan and when do they start boarding? I see online it's a 5pm departure for Southern Caribbean cruise.
Thanks for any info.

Very sad that I cannot recall this from our cruise 2 years ago, but what time does the port open in San Juan and when do they start boarding? I see online it's a 5pm departure for Southern Caribbean cruise.
Thanks for any info.
Have you already completed online check in? That will tell you when you will be able to begin to board the ship.

When we sailed OUT of San Juan a few years ago, All Aboard was like 9pm (maybe later). We got to the ship mid afternoon, but it had been open for quite a while. I remember seeing the ship from our hotel in "early" in the morning (8 or 9am).

In January on our cruise TO San Juan we were off the ship by 9am - like normal.

I assume that the upcoming cruises FROM San Juan will be normal port opening around 10-10:30am since the cruises leave at a normal time. They have farther to travel on day one this time.

When we sailed OUT of San Juan a few years ago, All Aboard was like 9pm (maybe later). We got to the ship mid afternoon, but it had been open for quite a while. I remember seeing the ship from our hotel in "early" in the morning (8 or 9am).

In January on our cruise TO San Juan we were off the ship by 9am - like normal.

I assume that the upcoming cruises FROM San Juan will be normal port opening around 10-10:30am since the cruises leave at a normal time. They have farther to travel on day one this time.
This has to be right. To make a 5pm all aboard they're going to start boarding at 10:30am

This has to be right. To make a 5pm all aboard they're going to start boarding at 10:30am
actually they probably will not start boarding until the normal 11ish timeframe, but closer to 11:30am. And DCL usually says boarding is at noon (or 1pm)

but the port should open by 10:30 am.

Is the port in Philpsburg? We have a cruise that stops in San Juan for a day.
Philpsburg is on the Netherlands (Dutch) side of Sint Maarten (St. Martin - is the French side of the island) and is where DCL docks when visiting that island.

for Puerto Rico, DCL makes day stops in Old San Juan. For cruises beginning or ending in Puerto Rico they used the Pan American Terminal / port which is across the bay from Old San Juan.

Philpsburg is on the Netherlands (Dutch) side of Sint Maarten (St. Martin - is the French side of the island) and is where DCL docks when visiting that island.

for Puerto Rico, DCL makes day stops in Old San Juan. For cruises beginning or ending in Puerto Rico they used the Pan American Terminal / port which is across the bay from Old San Juan.

Thanks for the clarification. I have all kinds of notes written on post its. Apparently I need to do a better job of keeping the info about the places we're visiting separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!