San Fran To LA Trip Itinerary - Is timing doable?

Thank you @Lumpy1106 and @Disney Dad ADL for your insight.

I am now very concerned about the following since I cannot seem to find affordable replacements:
Venice is...not good.
How would you compare the safety (real or perceived) of tourists in Venice Beach to the following?
Key West
Miami Beach
Daytona Beach
Waikiki Beach

TIA!

I am now very concerned about the following since I cannot seem to find affordable replacements:

How would you compare the safety (real or perceived) of tourists in Venice Beach to the following?
Key West
Miami Beach
Daytona Beach
Waikiki Beach

TIA!
The only one I am familiar with is Waikiki and it's not like that at all. If you stick to a major chain you will be safe enough - but I would guess you are more looking for some nightlife or at least somewhere you can walk to restaurants and shopping. I've been people watching on Venice Beach during the day - wouldn't recommend it at night. Where have you looked? Pasadena is great, Long Beach (2'nd Street and down by the Aquarium - otherwise be careful!), Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan. Further north I would look into Carpinteria, Camarillo, Ventura, as well as the ones I listed earlier.

Last edited:

Key West
Miami Beach
Daytona Beach
Waikiki Beach

TIA!

Yeah, nothing like Waikiki. Waikiki is ritzier and "nicer" for a lack of a better word. I don't really know much about the safety of Venice Beach, I've only been there once or twice. Haven't been to the others unfortunately.

When I used to live in Southern California, my friend lived in Hermosa Beach and I visited him all the time there. Manhattan Beach is nice also, and Santa Barbara farther north.

Pretty much anywhere along the coast of Orange County is fine also.

I used to live in Southern California and we took a week going up the coast (one of my favorite trips of all time), we stayed in Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, and Monterey (I lived in Long Beach).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter