San Fran Food!

ErinBoBerin

Never grow up
We're just going to be in San Fransisco for 2 nights. We're vegetarian (but DH eats fish) and we're staying by the Museum of Modern Art. Planning to hang out around Pier 33, Fisherman's Wharf, and popping by the Disney Museum of course. Any suggestions on good places to eat?

I'm not from that area, but I wish I lived there! My wife and I went in 2008 and we went to a bunch of restaurants out there like Chez Panisse and Aqua (now closed). The Slanted Door (in the Embarcadero) was one of our favorites. Its Vietnamese, and has great seafood and vegetarian as well. I'm not much of a seafood eater, but between there and Aqua we had great meals. In fact one of the best dishes I've ever had (a hamachi dish) was a seafood dish at Aqua. I also ate fish cheek at Slanted Door and it was great.

Not sure if it's too late for you.... I would go to Al's Place. Though this is not a personal rec. The chef founded and ran Ubuntu for years until he surprisingly decided to close up shop on one of the most heralded restaurants anywhere and open this far less expensive and casual place. If you are a vegetarian, you probably have heard of Ubuntu.

Not sure if it's too late for you.... I would go to Al's Place. Though this is not a personal rec. The chef founded and ran Ubuntu for years until he surprisingly decided to close up shop on one of the most heralded restaurants anywhere and open this far less expensive and casual place. If you are a vegetarian, you probably have heard of Ubuntu.
I can personally recommend Al's Place. It is very good. Al's Place does focus on vegetables, but it also serves meat. They do save some tables for walk-ins so you might be able to get seated if you line up before they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter