San Diego Zoo Safari Park

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
Heading to DL then San Deigo for a 4 days. I'll be going solo. One of the days I'm planning on the San Diego Zoo Safari park.
Question to the forum is about the special trams/ tours I should take. there are so many I'm not sure which one I should do.

Last year I went to the San Deigo Zoo and did a special cart tour and it was so worth it.

We did a photo safari at the Safari Park. It was really fun and well worth the expense. (Don't wear new or fancy clothes -- the giraffes drool!)

I've done the photo safari a few times. It drives a truck into the exhibit and you get really close to animals. You can potentially feed a giraffe and a rhino depending on if the animals are interested or not.

I really enjoyed behind the scenes with Tigers. It included more than tigers. That takes you behind the scenes with some of the educational animals and then into the back area (bedrooms) of the tiger exhibit.

They also offer a smaller cart like the Zoo. The regular tram is okay. Sometimes if the line for the regular tram is really long, they will sell front of the line tickets for the public one.

We just did the regular tram tour and felt very satisfied with animal viewing. You can pay $20 at the tram to bypass any long lines!

We did a photo safari at the Safari Park. It was really fun and well worth the expense. (Don't wear new or fancy clothes -- the giraffes drool!)
Thanks for the tip. I'll look for the photo safari - I didn't see that on the list. The cheetah tour is appealing to me.

YDD and I did the cheetah safari. It was so amazing! She's a huge cheetah lover and had a blast being up close with them.

We also loved having lunch at the Watering Hole. It was shaded patio with a view of the animals and a nice cool place for a midday break.

YDD and I did the cheetah safari. It was so amazing! She's a huge cheetah lover and had a blast being up close with them.

We also loved having lunch at the Watering Hole. It was shaded patio with a view of the animals and a nice cool place for a midday break.
Thanks for the restaurant suggestion. I’ll look into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!