San Diego Zoo has new membership offerings

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
Looks like the San Diego Zoo/Safari Park has done what DL did and decided to retire the previous membership program. They have new offerings. The main difference that I can see is that there is no longer a "dual" membership. Everyone needs to either buy their own or there are a couple that have a benefit of bringing someone in the park with you. I also noticed that one of the levels will give a guest pass, but the guest has to attend with the member. Previously, we could hand out our guest passes to friends/family who were going on days that we weren't attending.

https://sandiegozoowildlifealliance.org/membership-current
My current level is Curator's Club which I think was $300/year and included entrance for a year for myself and my husband. We also got 4 guest passes. I think the closest thing to that now is the Wildlife Champion $400/year only allows me to enter, but I can bring one guest with me each time. It only comes with 2 guest passes and I have to present for people to use them.

EDIT: There are less expensive memberships, but I am looking for something close to what I already have.

I realize OP's post is over a year old but this may be helpful to others with SD Zoo annual passes. It is SD Zoo's policy to grandfather in existing annual pass holders allowing them to keep their existing type of pass and all its benefits as long as the pass is renewed each year. We've have the Keepers club pass which is dual membership and includes 4 guest passes. This pass is no longer available for new members but existing Keepers club members can renew.

I realize OP's post is over a year old but this may be helpful to others with SD Zoo annual passes. It is SD Zoo's policy to grandfather in existing annual pass holders allowing them to keep their existing type of pass and all its benefits as long as the pass is renewed each year. We've have the Keepers club pass which is dual membership and includes 4 guest passes. This pass is no longer available for new members but existing Keepers club members can renew.
My mom has the Keeper’s Club pass too and keeps renewing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter