San Diego Terminal

WDWJonasGirl

Mouseketeer/Directioner
Hello everyone!!!

My family and I will be doing a cruise from San Diego next month. This is a new port for me so I do have questions.

Are there any characters who are in the terminal?

How will you board the ship when it's time? Thank you!

Yes, they have an area set up to take photos with one character at a time, usually one of the big 5.
As for boarding the ship, you will wait in a large seating area after check-in for your boarding group number to be called. Then you will go through an entrance are where there are photo set ups for your boarding pictures, and then you will follow the ramp up to the gangway onto the ship. Just before boarding, they will ask your family name and announce you as you enter the Atrium.

I don't remember being any characters. They had a backdrop for a group photo. Parking can be a nightmare, I recommend taking a shuttle if you have a car. Check in was super fast and easy, and the check in room is huge. Leaving the ship was more chaotic than the check in.

Are you local? If not, the harbor area is really interesting. There is a maritime museum, and it's just scenic and nice.

Can we check in for kids club in the lobby too?

Yes when you do your check in at the terminal your kids will get their bands put on at the check in desk. They can tighten them, if need be, and put a lock on once you actually go to the Club/Lab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter