San Diego old town trolley question

Safari23

Mouseketeer
We'll be in San Diego for 2 days this summer. We'll be staying close to the convention center as my husband has a conference there. But my daughter and I want to tour around and do some stuff. I just came across the website for the old town trolley. Is that a good option for us to get around to see stuff? I'd prefer not to drive if possible. We want to do one day at the zoo. But not sure what to do for the other day / half day. Can anyone give more info about the trolley? Where does it pick people up and where does it go? Does it go to the zoo? And am I correct to think we can just get on and off wherever we want all day?

You can hop on and off at the 10 stops. You need to be mindful of the last pickup time because it ends kind of early and if you miss it, they won't try to find you.

They have an option for a zoo package. I don't know how it works, but you look at it on this link. https://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego/trolley-tour-zoo-package

If you have specific places in mind that you want to see, you can get there easier and faster using Lyft or Uber. If you want the novelty of the trolley with a narrated tour, the trolley can be fun. I just don't like my times at places being dictated by a tour company. I'd rather take Lyft and be able to spend as much time somewhere as I want to.

It's not very far. I live next to the zoo and often walk down Park Blvd. into Downtown when I feel like I need a good walk and don't want to deal with parking. Uber/Lyft should be pretty cheap for you as well. It's just a five minute or so drive.

We used the trolley on a trip to San Diego. It was good for getting a layout of the city . We used it to visit Coronado ( stop is near the Hotel del Coronado) & Old Town San Diego.We took a taxi out to/ from the Zoo on another day since we got discounted Zoo tickets as part of our hotel package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!