San Diego Hotel Recommendations

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
We (DH, DS5, my parents, and I) will be traveling to San Diego in September to take a cruise to Mexico on the Wonder. We plan to stay Friday and Saturday night before our cruise leaves on Sunday and go to SeaWorld on the Saturday. Looking for recommendations for a hotel that is:
  • In a good area
  • Is clean and relatively quiet
  • Has kid-friendly amenities or someplace nearby (walking distance) that he can run around to burn off some energy. My son is not a swimmer (yet), so a pool is not super important, unless there is a water play area... that would be fun.
  • Near the water would be a plus, but is not a must.
  • Since we will have a car, somewhere that charges less than $20/night for parking would be ideal.
  • We will need either 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite preferably at $225/night or less per room ($450 for a suite).
I have looked at so many hotels that my head is spinning. I don't know the areas, and there are so many choices.

Thanks for recommendations.

Courtyard or Homewood Suites both at Liberty Station. Close to the airport, close to Seaworld, across the street from the water and Liberty Station has good places to eat, a great playground, and room to run. In a nice part of town. However, it is close to the airport so you do have planes taking off from 6 AM - 10 PM but the rooms are quiet. Also just down the street from the Cruise Ship Terminal.

Well I'll help you on the other side -

We stayed in June at the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown (really in Little Italy) and while it does have a nice playground at Waterfront Park ... it was not a great area. I've lived in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and DC so I have city smarts and I did not feel comfortable running outside before the sun came up/early in the morning.

Also RE: Seaworld - make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time. I think we saved $25 dollars or so off the normal price and IMHO....it is not worth Disney admission prices

Well I'll help you on the other side -

We stayed in June at the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown (really in Little Italy) and while it does have a nice playground at Waterfront Park ... it was not a great area. I've lived in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and DC so I have city smarts and I did not feel comfortable running outside before the sun came up/early in the morning.

Also RE: Seaworld - make sure to purchase tickets ahead of time. I think we saved $25 dollars or so off the normal price and IMHO....it is not worth Disney admission prices

Thanks for the tips. As a teacher I get 3 free admissions, which is the only reason we are even considering SeaWorld. Then we will use a AAA discount to purchase the other 2 tickets ahead of time. :-)

I like the Sheraton or the Dana on Shelter Island. Close to Sea World and meets your criteria, and if you're looking at mid to late September (after labor day) should be in your price range. The Homewood Suites at Liberty Station mentioned above is nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter