San Diego and using Uber/Lyft

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
My mom and I are doing a few days in San Diego after a cruise. She can't walk for long distances so she will rent a scooter for visiting the Zoo and SeaWorld.

Trying to figure out how to get to the parks with a scooter. We don't want to rent a car. Can the vehicles from Uber or Lyft fit a scooter?

Any ideas on how to get around with a scooter?

My mom and I are doing a few days in San Diego after a cruise. She can't walk for long distances so she will rent a scooter for visiting the Zoo and SeaWorld.

Trying to figure out how to get to the parks with a scooter. We don't want to rent a car. Can the vehicles from Uber or Lyft fit a scooter?

Any ideas on how to get around with a scooter?

It would probably depend on how large the scooter is, but you'd probably want a Uber XL so you can have enough trunk space. Otherwise, see if you can find a local rental company that will deliver to DTD?

If she only needs the scooter for the parks, both the Zoo and Sea World have on-site ECV rentals which would be much more convenient. Otherwise you will have to have one delivered to your hotel and have them show you how to break it down to fit in an Uber/Lift/taxi cargo area. As PP said, you'll probably have enough space in an Uber XL.

I had her call up a few companies, since she's retired and has free calling to the USA. She found one that has a scooter that breaks down and can fit in a trunk. That way in the evening if we want to go out for dinner she can use it if she needs. I'm not sure how small it gets or how heavy it is. Another thing to have her check on.

Here in LA Uber also has WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) cars available which would avoid the breakdown of the scooter, but not sure if they have that in San Diego.

Here in LA Uber also has WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) cars available which would avoid the breakdown of the scooter, but not sure if they have that in San Diego.

It appears they have it, but how many vehicles and the wait times to get one I'm not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!