San Antonio

How long is your trip? I can't see doing more than a couple of days in SA.

You could add Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels to your trip. If you go in April or May the dates are very limited on their operating calendar. The rides are fed by water from the Comal River and it is very cold. So, spring is a tough one for Schlitterbahn. We have been in May for school field trips and the kids were turning blue early in the day and later in the evening. On the upside, the crowds are non-existent in April and May in the waterpark.

Gruene, Texas is a fun day trip. It's a few minutes from New Braunfels and has a cool main street area with restaurants, shops, wineries and bed and breakfasts. The Gristmill is a favorite restaurant that has been around forever. There is also Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas, with live music and dancing.

Probably about 4 nights. I am interested in maybe a couple of nights at river walk, and maybe a couple nights as the place recommended above, Wild Oak.

Probably about 4 nights. I am interested in maybe a couple of nights at river walk, and maybe a couple nights as the place recommended above, Wild Oak.

Have you been to Austin? It's only about an 80 minute drive and the Austin BBQ is worth the drive alone.

Have you been to Austin? It's only about an 80 minute drive and the Austin BBQ is worth the drive alone.
Just don't spend half the day waiting in line for Franklin's. Black's, La Barbeque, Stiles Switch... and sooo many more bbq joints at the top of their game here.

Just don't spend half the day waiting in line for Franklin's. Black's, La Barbeque, Stiles Switch... and sooo many more bbq joints at the top of their game here.

I did Franklin's back in 2015. It's why I took a weekend trip to Austin. But I agree, there are plenty of great spots that don't require that kind of wait.

what is fiesta?

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but if you google, you can find the official Fiesta San Antonio site and see the schedule of the events. See if those are something that interests you. I have actually never seen the Fiesta parades, but have enjoyed art fair, botanical garden events, and festivities of the Market Square. Riverwalk/Market Square areas will be crowded, but I think it is nothing compared to the crowds for Mardi Gras time in New Orleans. I have noticed the longer lines for the boat ride and at the restaurants.

I think you could easily spent 4 nights in San Antonio only, especially if you are visiting Six Flags.

Head a few blocks away from the River Walk to Rosarios for better Tex mex, love their salsa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter