Sams Club question

jelo

Preparing for our Universally Magical vacation
i am from Canada and I’m trying to find some ways to save some $ for our Sept trip to WDW!
I plan on joining Sams Club next weekend, and I have a no foreign fee cc

I read somewhere that Sams will have special times of the year promotions on gift cards.

Anyone know when that might be? If you’re a member, do they email you their specials ahead of time, or do you just find out specials when you go?

It’s not a big savings, but it might help with the exchange rate...

They have an annual sale in either October or Novemeber but not usually on Disney cards. Usually restaurants. They normally sell $150 packs online for $142.98. The big deals lately have been using Dosh which is an app that gives you cash back when you link your credit card. This past weekend was 8% at Sam's. They have this kind of deal every 1 or 2 months it seems.

Once you get a membership you can go online ot download the app and look at any special deals coming up (instant savings), but again usually not directly Disney stuff.

They have an annual sale in either October or Novemeber but not usually on Disney cards. Usually restaurants. They normally sell $150 packs online for $142.98. The big deals lately have been using Dosh which is an app that gives you cash back when you link your credit card. This past weekend was 8% at Sam's. They have this kind of deal every 1 or 2 months it seems.

Once you get a membership you can go online ot download the app and look at any special deals coming up (instant savings), but again usually not directly Disney stuff.
Thank you!

I don’t think we can use dosh here, so that won’t work.

I guess the small % I can save is better than nothing!

BJ's is another warehouse type store that has sales on Disney gc once or twice a year. I don't know if BJ's is available to you online. I purchased the basic membership at $10. Last year around Thanksgiving time (for US) it was 8% off some of the Disney gc (not the $500). Limit of 3 per transaction per day, but I purchased the limit every day. It added up nicely using my cc with 2X points. Oh, Sam's price is a little bit cheaper online and they mail them. Free mailing in US, but i don't know about Canada.

BJ's is another warehouse type store that has sales on Disney gc once or twice a year. I don't know if BJ's is available to you online. I purchased the basic membership at $10. Last year around Thanksgiving time (for US) it was 8% off some of the Disney gc (not the $500). Limit of 3 per transaction per day, but I purchased the limit every day. It added up nicely using my cc with 2X points. Oh, Sam's price is a little bit cheaper online and they mail them. Free mailing in US, but i don't know about Canada.
yes I looked into BJ’s as well. It’s about an hour and a half drive from me or more. They do not do free shipping to Canada.

So the gas that I would spend to get there probably would eat up any savings that I would get. Whereas with Sam’s it’s very close, and I would probably shop there for other things as well too

I purchase Disney gift cards from Sam's Club, but I typically do it online and use Ebates. If you can use that in Canada, it will give you an additional cash back benefit. If you watch the prices, the store is sometimes more than online, so I typically purchase online. You can only purchase $700 in gift cards at a time (Sam's Club restrictions), so I purchase in batches. The $150 pack is typically a better savings % than the $500 pack.

I purchase Disney gift cards from Sam's Club, but I typically do it online and use Ebates. If you can use that in Canada, it will give you an additional cash back benefit. If you watch the prices, the store is sometimes more than online, so I typically purchase online. You can only purchase $700 in gift cards at a time (Sam's Club restrictions), so I purchase in batches. The $150 pack is typically a better savings % than the $500 pack.
Oh darn, I got all excited! I have Ebates so I checked it out.
Apparently I can order Disney, but there’s no cash back, and I can offer merchandise but no gift cards.
I searched for Sams Club, but it’s not available for us

I am going over in the morning to join, then I think I can buy online and print from home... hopefully!

Oh darn, I got all excited! I have Ebates so I checked it out.
Apparently I can order Disney, but there’s no cash back, and I can offer merchandise but no gift cards.
I searched for Sams Club, but it’s not available for us

I am going over in the morning to join, then I think I can buy online and print from home... hopefully!

Groupon normally has membership discounts for Sam's and many times include free stuff like pizzas, bakery goods, etc ...

Do you have any trouble getting ebates to give you cash back on gift cards?

Do you have any trouble getting ebates to give you cash back on gift cards?

Well, I remember getting cash back on those purchases - like remember seeing the "Congratulations, you've earned ****" email. But due to a recent conversation in a FB group, I'm wondering if they pulled it back out. I haven't gone back to look yet. Apparently you're not SUPPOSED to get cash back on gift card purchases through ebates. Someone recommended another app that does allow it, but I haven't looked into it yet.

one thing I noticed is the smaller amount gift cards (like the 3 pack of $25) offers a slightly higher discount. It is annoying to have so many small amount gift cards but for me it is worth it for the little extra. Also, I think target is a little better with their red card.

Does Sam’s ever have sales on their Disney gift cards? BJs had a couple over the holidays where the discounts were 8-9%. I’ve actially got a “free” Sam’s membership offer (spend $45 for membership, get $45 merchandise credit - gift cards excluded, of course), so I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it. I’d only use it for gift cards - I use Costco for all of my regular bulk shopping. And I have an online BJs membership for their gift card sales.

one thing I noticed is the smaller amount gift cards (like the 3 pack of $25) offers a slightly higher discount. It is annoying to have so many small amount gift cards but for me it is worth it for the little extra. Also, I think target is a little better with their red card.

You can combine them on the Disney gift card website. I buy the smaller denomination cards too, for the higher savings and then combine them.

Does Sam’s ever have sales on their Disney gift cards? BJs had a couple over the holidays where the discounts were 8-9%. I’ve actially got a “free” Sam’s membership offer (spend $45 for membership, get $45 merchandise credit - gift cards excluded, of course), so I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it. I’d only use it for gift cards - I use Costco for all of my regular bulk shopping. And I have an online BJs membership for their gift card sales.

No they don't. I wish they would but they don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!