Sales question

ktate82

DIS Veteran
We are considering a Royal Caribbean cruise this fall and they have a sale going on now. The last day to book is today, but we aren't 100%. How frequently do the sales go and how different are they? So if we don't book today, how much will the price vary tomorrow?

I have a cruise booked and I check the price daily. The funny thing is, often from the end of a sale to the new one...there is no change...or it goes up or down slightly. Keep in mind too that if you have booked and the price drops before your final payment, then you can call in and get the lower price. Also note that if you call in for a price drop, that you must take into any account on any OBC, etc, as the original booking will be lost (but new offer will get applied).

Royal has recently introduced 'refundable' and 'non-refundable' prices. If you book by non-refundable, then you can cancel any time up to final payment date. If you book refundable, then you will lose $100 per person of your deposit.

I was wondering the same thing. I just got a quote from a TA but won't be ready to commit for another month or so - It's hard to pull the trigger when it's almost 18 months away!!

It's not really a sale. The final price for "X" number of people in "X" type of cabin is ALWAYS the same. When they offer "30% off all guests" they simply raise the base rate by 30%. When they advertise "3rd and 4th passengers half price" they simply increase the cost of passengers 1 and 2. Royal Caribbean is NOTORIOUS for doing this. The only special offers that seem legitimate are the ones that get you "extras" for free or low cost, like drink packages, internet packages, free gratuities, etc.

It's not really a sale. The final price for "X" number of people in "X" type of cabin is ALWAYS the same. When they offer "30% off all guests" they simply raise the base rate by 30%. When they advertise "3rd and 4th passengers half price" they simply increase the cost of passengers 1 and 2. Royal Caribbean is NOTORIOUS for doing this. The only special offers that seem legitimate are the ones that get you "extras" for free or low cost, like drink packages, internet packages, free gratuities, etc.
I was thinking the same thing. There always seems to be a "sale".

Thats everyone! I just wasn't sure. The price for a cabin we were looking at did go up over the weekend (it was $6100 on Friday and now is $6500), so I wasn't sure what the prices did.

I have a cruise booked and I check the price daily. The funny thing is, often from the end of a sale to the new one...there is no change...or it goes up or down slightly. Keep in mind too that if you have booked and the price drops before your final payment, then you can call in and get the lower price. Also note that if you call in for a price drop, that you must take into any account on any OBC, etc, as the original booking will be lost (but new offer will get applied).

Royal has recently introduced 'refundable' and 'non-refundable' prices. If you book by non-refundable, then you can cancel any time up to final payment date. If you book refundable, then you will lose $100 per person of your deposit.

So if we book the nonrefundable rate, we can adjust it as the prices adjust without any cost (with the exception on on board credit and such)?

Thats everyone! I just wasn't sure. The price for a cabin we were looking at did go up over the weekend (it was $6100 on Friday and now is $6500), so I wasn't sure what the prices did.
One of the RCL cruises I have an eye on also went up. I would check again tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm not sure but cruise prices may change with the day of the week like airfares do. NEVER buy your airfare between Friday and Monday.

So if we book the nonrefundable rate, we can adjust it as the prices adjust without any cost (with the exception on on board credit and such)?

Correct...for both refundable and non-refundable... up until Final Payment date. Then you cannot get a price reduction.
This is booking directly through Royal and through US site (think I read that UK may have different rules?). If you are booking from TA or third party site, then i'd double check their rules.
Always confirm anyways when booking.

The only sale that I find changes the price substantially is kids sail free. That sale can be a bargain if you qualify. The added extras for each of the 30% off each or Bogo 60% is what can make the difference. Historically, January through early February can be the best pricing of the year in general. I have sailed over 30 times with Royal and the price I put on deposit is rarely what I end up with at final payment. It is less or better room or more OBC or all 3. I check the prices for each cruise every 4-5 days and call for adjustments as appropriate. You can always roll the dice and book within 75 days for 7 night and get a cheap price, but room selection could be limited. You can always adjust bookings up until final payment regardless of the type of deposit. Good luck!

The only sale that I find changes the price substantially is kids sail free. That sale can be a bargain if you qualify. The added extras for each of the 30% off each or Bogo 60% is what can make the difference. Historically, January through early February can be the best pricing of the year in general. I have sailed over 30 times with Royal and the price I put on deposit is rarely what I end up with at final payment. It is less or better room or more OBC or all 3. I check the prices for each cruise every 4-5 days and call for adjustments as appropriate. You can always roll the dice and book within 75 days for 7 night and get a cheap price, but room selection could be limited. You can always adjust bookings up until final payment regardless of the type of deposit. Good luck!

Thanks! We have a 13 year old (now an "adult" I guess) and a 12 year old. I'll keep my eye out.

Their new sale that dropped today is better for me. I'm looking at transatlantic trips and they all came down a bunch and they are now offering OBC too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!