Sales pitch staying at a Hilton Grand Vacation resorts?

Chip & Dale

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are looking into staying at a Orlando Hilton Grand Vacation resort after our cruise this fall. We stayed at the Hilton Disney Springs last year after our cruise and we not interested to stay there again. So we expanded our search. We found this type of resort. Our concern is a forced sales pitch. We are Hilton Honors members and stay at their hotels regularly and we would book this reservation thru the app like we do normal and not the —Come in for a special rate if you hear our pitch— email that I do get from time to time. So will they force us into a vacation club sales pitch?

Thank you for your time!

We did a 3 night, 4 day package, 2 br, 2 bath very spacious unit last December at HGV Tuscany. The unit was lovely and the facilities including pools were very nice. Adjacent to Outlet Mall, very convenient location. We wanted to do the presentation to learn more about other TS companies as we are DVC and like to hear about other products. Since we told the guide that we are DVC owners, he knew that we were very familiar with timeshares, so he "cut to the chase", gave us a private session, rather than a group presentation. After listening, we decided that we were not ready to purchase another TS, he asked us to think about it 24 hours which we did, we promised to return next day and told him that we were not purchasing. We stuck to our guns and didn't go with any impulse purchase. He respected that and after a 2 minute conversation we left and we given our bonus Hilton Honors points. I believe that you can rent these units through the Hilton Tuscany website without committing to a presentation. The package was very very reasonable for what we thought was a very spacious, 2 bedroom clean unit with large L/R with pullout, lovely balcony overlooking pool and very nice kitchen.

Thank you for your response and knowledge!
It nice to hear you enjoyed your stay because that’s the one we’re looking into staying. We aren’t interested at all in a pitch. But the lure of a huge one bedroom and washer and dryer at a reasonable price is drawing me in.

We've stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations near SeaWorld on three occasions now and like yourselves, are also Hilton HHonors members (mainly using the points I earn on business trips on our vacations!). We really like it, but decided that we will only ever book it on a hotel basis (e.g through the regular Hilton website).

The first visit we made, after checking in to our room, they mentioned they wanted us to take the tour of the Parc Soliel resort just down the road, but we said we weren't really interested, however we were happy to have a quick chat with the sales guy down at the desk near reception. That took only about 5 minutes of our time once we made it clear that being from the UK we don't visit Florida often enough (once every 2-3 years on average) to make it worthwhile to buying into a TS. Plus if after our stay at this HGV resort we changed our mind and really thought it was worthwhile after all, we knew where to find him! He was quite happy to let us go after that, although he did try to tempt us again later in our stay when we stopped by his desk to ask him about SeaWorld Quick Queue free passes!

On our second visit a few years later, we skipped him (was probably a different guy by then to be honest) at check-in and did get one or two messages left on our room's voicemail asking if we were interested in stopping by for a quick chat about buying in, but we just ignored them and there were no further chase ups after that. Our most recent visit, we didn't even get that - possibly they knew by now that it just wasn't going to happen with us, so there was no point in trying.

I've been places in the past where they really are quite pushy about attending timeshare presentations - this really isn't the case with this particular property thankfully. And the actual place is really nice too - agree that the kitchen and the washer/dryer is an absolute godsend (especially as we're normally there for about two weeks each stay).

Last edited:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like something I can handle with a polite no thank you.

This!

I too am Hilton Honors & I've booked vacation clubs in various cities (though not Orlando). I too booked thru usual hotel channels online & did not have a promotional rate. I will say I've never attended anything special nor have I 'chatted' with anyone about TS. I don't answer the phone in my room. When I walk by a lobby desk & am asked 'have you gotten your free gift yet?'
I smile, wave, say 'no', & never miss a beat in my step. I'm under no obligation to speak with anyone about TS & I don't.
That's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter