Sailing out of Port Liberty

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We live in NJ and are considering a cruise on the Anthem out of Bayonne. Is parking convenient? How is the experience?

We always drive to that port and park in their garage which is right next door to the terminal. It costs $25 per day. Make sure you keep your ticket with you and when you head back to your car pay for your parking. The machines are outside facing the terminal.

We live in NJ and are considering a cruise on the Anthem out of Bayonne. Is parking convenient? How is the experience?
My family has sailed from Bayonne several times and have used the port parking. Have not had any issues. Can't use parking garage due to vehicle height; oversized vehicles pay upfront and are parked in lots next to port. Upon return, load vehicle and pull out.

We had no problems last month. We arrived around 10:30 AM on a Thursday and dropped the luggage off with a luggage handler right in front of the terminal, keeping our carry-ins. We then tried to enter the garage, but it was reserved for handicapped placard holders only. Don’t know if that is always the case, or if the garage was just out of non-handicapped parking spaces at the time.

We were then directed to a surface lot. I would guess it was maybe 1000 feet away, and a straight shot from the terminal. I am not sure if there are other surface lots which are more distant, as while this lot was not tiny, it was also not huge. The fee was $25 per day, we paid upfront with a credit card. We were given a small placard we left visible on the dashboard. There was a shuttle bus to the terminal, if desired.

Leaving the ship the garage might have been easier, as it is right where we exited the terminal building. Though I did wonder if getting out of the garage could be an issue with many leaving at the same time.

We opted to just roll our luggage to the car ,since it was not far and getting off and on the shuttle might have been a little tough with all the baggage. We loaded the car and drove off, no other interaction required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter