Safeway Delivery

DisneyZB

When I win the lottery, I'm moving to Disney.
Hi all. Thinking of trying Safeway grocery delivery on our upcoming trip. Staying in a cabin and I was wondering how Safeway’s delivery worked. Do they deliver to the cabin itself or the front desk? It says on their website an adult needs to be present. Does it have to be me or can CM’s accept the order? All feedback welcomed.

We have not used Safeway, but used Garden Grocer in the past. At resorts they drop at bell services, which has refrigerators to keep cold items cold, will bring it to the room, etc...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the options are at the Fort.

If Safeway works like Garden Grocer you tell them the delivery time and they brought items right to our trailer, so they should do the same for the cabins.

Never used GG but if memory serves me correctly this is a Disney Provided Service, I have no experience with it but on another site I visit some people Mostly DVC members are relating experiences very much like GG by using AMAZON PRIME. Their orders are delivered to front desk it is then secured there and delivered once they contact you could be worth looking into.

I have used Garden Grocer in the past and used Amazon Prime Now this past trip as I found the GG prices to have gone way up. In both cases the groceries are delivered to Bell Services (perishables will be kept cold/frozen)and then to your cabin. Very easy. If the groceries arrive before you do you just might find them waiting for you in your cabin when you get there. Of course anything that needs to be kept cold/frozen will be put away for you.

I used Safeway grocery delivery at Saratoga Springs during thanksgiving week and it was a wonderful experience. GG seemed pricier for nearly every item I needed. Safeway prices were on par with most usual grocery stores. I found a coupon online for Safeway plus got free delivery. I arranged for all of the items to be delivered a little before we planned to arrive and the bell desk refrigerated and froze the items that needed it. Then after arrival the bell guys helped us deliver everything to our villa as soon as the villa was ready. I woke at least 30 minutes earlier every morning to get ready then start cooking breakfast for our party of 7. Saved lots of money this way. We'd splurge for dinner every night somewhere nice. Since we also went to a convention on some of the days I'd make lunch sandwiches as soon as we got back and ate before conquering the parks. It was nice to come back home late at night to our own desserts in the freezer (I like sugar-free popsicles, jell-o)..
I wish I did this on every trip instead of wasting hours at grocery stores! I used to rent a car just to be able to grocery shop.
This time we did the magical express bus to SS, uber/lyfted around (highly recommend Mango's family friendly dinner show, Bahama Breeze, and Uno restaurants) then used Lyft van on the ride home (was only $3 more than regular Lyft) we had a cozy minivan with tv's and movie playing. That $36 Lyft ride to MCO is worth it considering the Magical Express ride to MCO wouldve taken at least 4 hours of our time as they wanted us ready that early for pick-up. So I booked a flight after 6pm and enjoyed an extra day at AK before the quick convenient 25 min ride to MCO.

I used Safeway grocery delivery at Saratoga Springs during thanksgiving week and it was a wonderful experience. GG seemed pricier for nearly every item I needed. Safeway prices were on par with most usual grocery stores. I found a coupon online for Safeway plus got free delivery. I arranged for all of the items to be delivered a little before we planned to arrive and the bell desk refrigerated and froze the items that needed it. Then after arrival the bell guys helped us deliver everything to our villa as soon as the villa was ready. I woke at least 30 minutes earlier every morning to get ready then start cooking breakfast for our party of 7. Saved lots of money this way. We'd splurge for dinner every night somewhere nice. Since we also went to a convention on some of the days I'd make lunch sandwiches as soon as we got back and ate before conquering the parks. It was nice to come back home late at night to our own desserts in the freezer (I like sugar-free popsicles, jell-o)..
I wish I did this on every trip instead of wasting hours at grocery stores! I used to rent a car just to be able to grocery shop.
This time we did the magical express bus to SS, uber/lyfted around (highly recommend Mango's family friendly dinner show, Bahama Breeze, and Uno restaurants) then used Lyft van on the ride home (was only $3 more than regular Lyft) we had a cozy minivan with tv's and movie playing. That $36 Lyft ride to MCO is worth it considering the Magical Express ride to MCO wouldve taken at least 4 hours of our time as they wanted us ready that early for pick-up. So I booked a flight after 6pm and enjoyed an extra day at AK before the quick convenient 25 min ride to MCO.

That's pretty good right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter