Safe travels - number of trips

Disney_Fan_01

Mouseketeer
For those traveling to another island prior to Oahu, do we need to create 2 trips on safe travels. For example, our plan is to visit from the mainland to Maui in June. Spend 6 nights at Maui. Travel to Oahu, where there is no inter island travel restriction. Spend 7 nights on Oahu at Aulani. Return to mainland from Oahu. I thought I need to just do 1 trip broken into 2 segments. DFW to Ogg and HNL to DFW. We plan to get pretested no earlier than 72 hours prior to our flight to Maui. I am assuming no test is needed prior to traveling from Maui to Oahu. Will we have any challenges at HnL if I don’t add the inter island trip from Maui to Oahu? Am I doing something wrong? I don’t want to over complicate things, but also don’t want to ignore any steps and have headache at the airport for clearance. Appreciate inputs from those who have visited multiple island under the current restrictions.

Although I don’t have personal experience, I’m happy to share what I’ve learned from my own research. Maui requires all trans-pacific passengers to take another (free) test upon arrival, in addition to your preflight test; however Oahu does not have any inter-island restrictions or requirements.

Although I don’t have personal experience, I’m happy to share what I’ve learned from my own research. Maui requires all trans-pacific passengers to take another (free) test upon arrival, in addition to your preflight test; however Oahu does not have any inter-island restrictions or requirements.
Thanks. Yes, the requirement of a second COVID test post arrival at the airport is a fairly new development and goes live on May 4th. The latest updates that I have researched indicates that effective May 11th, trans-pacific passengers may bypass the second COVID test requirement as long as they are fully vaccinated with 15 days past the second shot and will need to show proof of vaccination. Clearly kids of the vaccinated parents will still be subject to the second test post arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter