Sad, sad news about my daughter, Hilary. EDITED WITH PICTURES AND WEBSITE

CDoobee

<font color=teal>I'll never grow up!!<br><font col
Sad, sad news about my daughter, Hilary, known as Hilside on the DIS.

This is too hard for me to say, so I will just copy and send messages my sister Marcia, and Hilary's husband Tom wrote:

Message #1

Today our sweet Hilary went to heaven to be with the Lord. She was critically ill for a long time now and has been in alot of pain. Her Grandma and Grandpa went this last weekend to visit with her and were able to read to her and hold her hands. It was her choice not to be on a ventilator anymore as she did not want to live the rest of her life like that. Tom and Hilary had discussed it at great length. Please pray for our family.

Message #2
Subject: (sharing a message from Tom Williams)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:00:17 -0500

My wife, Hilary, has been in the hospital for some time. It's a really long story but it has a very short and sad ending.

I won't go into the whole story except to say that she had been on a
ventilator for some 40 odd days, which is much longer than people are
usually on the machine. She had been on and off of it over the past
three months. Last week she worked really really hard to get off of
it. Friday, they removed the ventilator. She was breathing on her own.
She was doing really good throughout the weekend. Yesterday, she
started to develop problems. She was getting in a good amount of
oxygen, her saturation level was at 100%, but she was not expelling
carbon dioxide. Her body basically just wore out. She had been on the
ventilator so long. I was given the option of putting her back on the
ventilator, knowing that she would never be able to come off of it, or
make her as comfortable as possible and allow her to pass. She knew
what staying off of it meant, but she elected to stay off of it. I
didn't want to lose her, but I love her too much to force my wishes on
her. They made her as comfortable as she could possibly be. She held
on for a long time. Today at roughly 5:20 PM EDT she passed on. I love
her, I miss her, I most certainly didn't want her to go. She will
always be in my heart. I just thought I should let everyone know.

Tom

And this is from my father:

Hilary's obituary may be viewed by clicking on the website address below. Please be sure to sign the guest book.

Charles Newton

http://www.legacy.com/postgazette/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=17803302

This is at Hil and Tom's wedding, 8/19/01. Along with Hilary and Tom are me, my DH Kevin, and my DS Jared and DD Katelyn.
Hill.jpg

This is Hil and Tom in October 2005, when she came to St. Louis to surprise a friend at his wedding.
Hil_and_Tom.jpg

Here is the link to Hil's Place: You have to copy and paste. Clicking the link doesn't work, for some reason.
http://hilwilliams.home.comcast.ne[/B]t/

Hilary posted on the DIS as Hilside. I'm not sure which board she frequented the most.

From the bottom of my heart, please accept my most heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your beloved Hilary. May God give you and yours strength and peace at what must be such a terribly difficult time.

You and your family are in my prayers. I am so very, very sorry. :grouphug:

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry. :guilty: My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. :grouphug: :grouphug:

:sad:

I am so sorry for your loss. We had the pleasure of meeting you and Hillary at the St. Louis DIS meet a few years ago. I only met her for a very short time but she seemed like such a wonderfully sweet person with a great spirit. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you but please know that you and your family are in our prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your daughter, Hilary. Thoughts, prayers, and lots of :grouphug: are being sent to you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!