Sad news to pass along...ILUVDXL has passed away

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
I am sorry to announce the passing of our friend and long-time DISer, ILUVDXL.

I'm posting this information for Deb (Deb in IA), as we have both been having problems trying to get the post to go through. More information (hopefully) coming shortly, in the next post. Please bear with me.

PER DEB:

I am very sorry to bring this sad news, but some of you knew Kathy quite well, and would probably want to know about this.

She passed away on Saturday, June 4. I don't know the details, and I was actually at Disney World at the time this happened. I had spoken to her just before we left, and I know that she had been having problems with an infection in her tongue for the past several months. This, as you may recall, was a result of a mugging on the eve of Kathy and Joe's last trip to Disney World, in October, 2004. During the attack, she struggled with the mugger and was hit in the face, resulting in her biting through her tongue. Anyway, despite this, Kathy, in her indominable way, went on to her trip, and they celebrated their anniversary there.

After we returned from our trip, I called Kathy at home. Joe answered, and told me the sad news. I believe her death was a result of the infection and a chronic liver condition. It must have happened very suddenly, as I see that she was last logged into the DIS on June 2, just 2 days before her death.

Here is her obituary from the Boston Globe:
Kathleen A. (Foley) Wright
Of Jamaica Plain formerly of West Roxbury, June 4th. Beloved wife of Joseph F. Wright. Loving Daughter of Joseph and the late Doris (Belanger) Foley of West Roxbury. Dear sister of Joanne West of West Roxbury. Funeral from the F. J. Higgins Funeral Home, 4236 Washington St. ROSLINDALE SQUARE on Fri. June 10th at 9:00 AM. Funeral Mass in St. Thomas Aquinas Church @ 10:00 AM. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours Thursday 1-3 & 5-7 PM. Interment in the Gardens of Gethsemane. Late employee of Mellon Financial Services for 26 years. For Directions and on-line guest book go to www.fjhiggins.com FJ Higgins Funeral Home Roslindale Square 617-325-0455
Published in the Boston Globe on 6/9/2005
And here is another one with her picture:

www.fjhiggins.com/Obituaries.htm

I think many of us long-time DIS'ers remember ILUVDXL (Kathy) from her weekly visits to a group of elderly ladies in a nursing home many years ago. Kathy was also an avid Yankee Candle fan, and participated in many of the exchanges here on this board. She so loved to send things to people, and over the last few years, has sent many little gifts to me and my family. Just a few weeks ago, she sent NE Patriots caps to my husband and son, and I still have such a hard time believing that she is gone. I know that she met some DIS'ers at Disney World as well, and I believe she's shared an Illuminations cruise with another DIS family or two.

Joe, her husband gave me permission to post this about Kathy. I don't believe they have a computer at home, so I plan to print out the responses here and mail a copy to Joe. In addition, here is an online guestbook for Kathy:

www.legacy.com/bostonglob...D=14194902

My deepest condolences to her family. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

OMG! :( That's so sad. :( I'm shocked. :( I didn't know her well, but I loved many of her posts.

How tragic. :( I remember her well, she was my Ornament exchange buddy one year and I think of her every Christmas when I hang the ornaments she sent me. :(

My prayers go out to her husband and family.

Oh how sad. I do remember her posts...

Very sad news. She was always a great contributer on the DIS. She will be missed. :sad2:

:( My deepest condolences to her family. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. She will be missed. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!