Sad little crab cake

hilsommer

Earning My Ears
I've been listening to the podcast for a couple of years and had not had time to go back through older episodes. I have downloaded some recently and today I stumbled on Kevin's review of Coral Reef with the famous "sad little crab cake" line(s). Love it! I was at work and no one understood why I was laughing but who cares.

Thanks to all for making my day a little brighter!

That was very funny.

Refresh my memory...was it on a plate the size of a tire?

I've been listening to the podcast for a couple of years and had not had time to go back through older episodes. I have downloaded some recently and today I stumbled on Kevin's review of Coral Reef with the famous "sad little crab cake" line(s). Love it! I was at work and no one understood why I was laughing but who cares.

Thanks to all for making my day a little brighter!

I'd love to listen to this eposide again - what is the date of the recording?

John

Ever since I listened to that episode, I can't look at cat food the same! (I feed my cats every morning and groan... lol!) :lmao:

This is so funny, because I was just going back through old podcasts as well. I heard this one yesterday! I want to see if I can go back through the blog and find the photos! I actually enjoyed Coral Reef, when I went 5 years ago, but I have not seen a single positive review!

Thanks for posting that! It is sad! I cannot believe a table service restaurant would serve that.

I'd love to listen to this eposide again - what is the date of the recording?

John

It was the 8/8/06 podcast. Here is a link to the mp3 file (it isn't linked to on the archives page but since it is on the RSS feed page, it should be something you could bring up in iTunes).

(There are some real "oldies but goodies" on the RSS feed page).

Last edited:
I love the part when the manager comes to their table.

Manager: What IS that?!"

Kevin: "A crab cake."

Manger: "Where'd you get it?!?!"

Kevin: "From your kitchen." :rotfl:

I also remember some guy being really upset about the review. I can't remember if he was a CM or a chef or a Coral Reef fan or what, but he posted about how unfair the review was and how it was Kevin's fault for ordering off the dinner menu at lunchtime, even though they told him it was okay. He went on and on Pete rant style, soooooooooo upset over the review. :rolleyes:

Wasn't that Kevin's first show? I know it was his first review. It's funny how one little line, "sad little crab cake" can affect your whole career. That line made him a "must have more" to every listener of the podcast.

I have been out of work for a while and I had taken up reading free books on he kindle. I recently decided to make a list of projects to be done around the house instead (cleaning out closets, waxing the floor) and I decided to start listening to the podcasts from the beginning again. I'm not sure when I started, but I was a listener when bob passed and that will be four years this month (he passed while we were in fla for our Disney wedding) so I probably didn't miss many episodes, but I don't think I'd ever heard the coral reef review. I listened to it today and it was even better than I expected! I loved how the manager asked where Kevin got the crabcake! I've been listening to one or two of the old podcasts a day and loving it!

I need to share the '06 coral reef podcast w family. Where can I find it.

Links above don't seem to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter