Sacrebleu! A Castle to Chateau training journal (updated 09/25)

I hope your week is going well! I'm glad you didn't get another hamstring tear, and I hope you are feeling good!
I've been loving your vlogs btw. They've been my "preparing dinner" videos :)

I have an update.... I am running again... on the regular!
tenor.gif

So now that I've regularised my running schedule I just need to do the same with my updates starting with last week!

28th August - 3rd September

Monday: Bank Holiday = REST DAY
Tuesday: Run at the Gym (3k)
Wednesday: Run at the Gym (3k)
Thursday: REST
Friday: Run to the Gym & Run at the gym! (5k)
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

I was really happy with this week! Particularly my Friday run it was one of those moments when running sort of *clicks* which I usually get after a couple of weeks of regular training. This week was about week 3 of regular uninterrupted training even if it was short distances I think the consistency really helped.

On Friday I ran from my flat to the gym which is about 4k and then completed the final 1k on the threadmil. When I arrived in Kings Cross (near my gym) I ran past fountains I've seen lots of times but never before had I seen them spray mist! It was perfect! I was a bit warm from my run and it was a glorious cool down to stroll through them!
36855938396_eb421a11bc_b.jpg

I could've run longer in the gym but I needed to shower and get to work!

I'm looking to up my distance this week, I'd like to do a mid-week 5k and a weekend 10k if possible with one or two shorter runs in between.

In other news... Rachel has started our PTR for our Orlando trip next month (NEXT MONTH!!!) if you'd like to check it out:

Parties, running and treking Oh My! Oct 2017 PTR

We've got so much planned for our trip and I'm beyond excited for it!

The Disneyland Paris Half Marathon is coming up too, we leave in just over two weeks! I'm so excited for Dad's first visit there and I really hope the races live up to our expectations after last year...

Thanks so much for following along!

tenor.gif

You can do this for sure. Just keep being smart and don't push yourself to the point of injury!!

Thanks lovely! I definitely followed your advice and I'm happy to report I'm feeling so much stronger...

Disney Magic will pull you through!! :hug:

Hope you're feeling better and that you have a great week!

Disney Magic and my Dad haha He's usually the one keeping us motivated so I'm really glad he's going to be in Paris this time.

Thank you! It's taken a while but I finally feel like I've had my first great week post injury!

You can do it- getting to the starting line healthy is the most important, so take care of yourself!

PS @Ariel484 ... I've missed your journal! Ready to reopen it? :rolleyes1

100% agree it's just a tough pill to swallow at times! I know I'm in a better position now because I held back and heeled but

I hope your week is going well! I'm glad you didn't get another hamstring tear, and I hope you are feeling good!
I've been loving your vlogs btw. They've been my "preparing dinner" videos :)

Thank you! Me too... I NEVER want to go through that again!

Aw thank you! So glad you are enjoying them! :D

Last edited:
You go, girl! Nothing like a good training week to build up your confidence.

And, brain sync! I used that same Self Five gif in the update I just posted. LOL

That's awesome!! So happy to hear you're feeling good! And I can't imagine how cool it would be to run in King's Cross on 9/1 (the day Hogwarts students return to school) :love::rotfl2:

4th September - 19th September

Final two weeks of running before the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon went pretty OK. I continued with my short/easy runs mid week keeping my distance at a max of around the 3miles. I was really happy to get to spend a week working from home in Dublin which meant I could run with Dad and Rachel.

I had a physio appointment while I was home also, I actually went for a run the morning of my appointment but pulled up as I could feel tightness in my hamstring and decided I was better to wait and see what the physio said than risk an injury the week before Disney. I was really nervous for the appointment BUT luckily she said it was just some lingering tightness, needled the area and told me to rest it for a couple of days but to continue with my final 'long' run on the Saturday.

Saturday came and I went out with Dad for my last longish run. We managed 8k as I was still a bit sore from the needling but was really happy with the run overall.

Rachel arrived on the 19th of September in London as we were getting the Eurostar on the 20th direct to Disney. I felt very anxious about the races, particularly because we had a nighttime 5k followed by a morning 10k and then the half the final morning which seemed like a lot for the little mileage I'd bagged.

I'll have to keep you waiting for the weekend recap but here's a pic of us waiting to hit the expo!
37264048226_cb2c5e8063_b.jpg

THe
4th September - 19th September

Final two weeks of running before the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon went pretty OK. I continued with my short/easy runs mid week keeping my distance at a max of around the 3miles. I was really happy to get to spend a week working from home in Dublin which meant I could run with Dad and Rachel.

I had a physio appointment while I was home also, I actually went for a run the morning of my appointment but pulled up as I could feel tightness in my hamstring and decided I was better to wait and see what the physio said than risk an injury the week before Disney. I was really nervous for the appointment BUT luckily she said it was just some lingering tightness, needled the area and told me to rest it for a couple of days but to continue with my final 'long' run on the Saturday.

Saturday came and I went out with Dad for my last longish run. We managed 8k as I was still a bit sore from the needling but was really happy with the run overall.

Rachel arrived on the 19th of September in London as we were getting the Eurostar on the 20th direct to Disney. I felt very anxious about the races, particularly because we had a nighttime 5k followed by a morning 10k and then the half the final morning which seemed like a lot for the little mileage I'd bagged.

I'll have to keep you waiting for the weekend recap but here's a pic of us waiting to hit the expo!
37264048226_cb2c5e8063_b.jpg

[/QUOTE

The suspense is killing me! Can't wait to hear all about it- hope you had a great time!

You go, girl! Nothing like a good training week to build up your confidence.

And, brain sync! I used that same Self Five gif in the update I just posted. LOL

Yes it certainly helps! Thanks so much for all your kind comments in the build up to the weekend!

That's awesome!! So happy to hear you're feeling good! And I can't imagine how cool it would be to run in King's Cross on 9/1 (the day Hogwarts students return to school) :love::rotfl2:

Haha so funny! I regularly get a train from platform 9 or 10 so I keep an eye out for anything 'magical' in the area!

DISNEYLAND PARIS RACE WEEKEND IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wishing you lots of luck and hope you have an awesome time :)

Thank you so much! I did read this before the races start but signal was terrible in Paris, hope your weekend went well going to pop over to your journal now!

popcorn:::surfweb:

Just sitting here consuming things while waiting for your recap......

Oh dear!! I better get started soon... considering my delirious state today it'll be tomorrow before I get started but feel free to consume away until then :-)

Hope everything is good with you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!