S/O What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

A slice from a garden fresh tomato. A slice of cheese. Some miracle whip all on some white bread. Reminds me of my childhood and I love some of those memories. I don't eat sandwiches very often so I enjoy something like this when I do.

Shrimp or oyster (or both) po-boy on New Orleans French bread. Fried shrimp, mayo, lettuce. So very good.

Chicken salad on toasted croissant. Chicken, mayo, grapes or dried cranberries or both, pecans and a tiny bit of sugar. There is a recipe on the back of the canned chicken at Sam’s.

Grilled cheese with apple and provolone cheese.

ETA: one more. Bacon and tomato but only made with fresh from the garden tomatoes and applewood bacon.

Last edited:

I’ll second the Boar’s Head recommendation!

FYI...the menu on Disney’s website states that Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Deli at the Polynesian uses Boar’s Head products.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/chip-n-dales-deli/menus/
For actual processed lunch meat, I don't think it can be beat. I do prefer the local butcher shop that makes it's own roast beef and smokes it's own turkey breast. First time I stopped to pick up some lunch meat, she asked if I wanted it rare or well done! It's next to impossible to find real roast beef prepared rare and sliced as meat for sandwiches here.

Sara Lee butter bread (because Home Pride potato bread is no longer available), mayo, and chunks of cold leftover roast beef.

My favorite food! Had it for lunch yesterday and today since I made a roast on the weekend.

Not a big sandwich person and don't like cold sandwiches or subs. Do like Reubens, grilled cheese w/ tomato soup, meatball subs, BBQ sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, burgers. If burgers count, that is my FAVE! But I am low carbing and sandwiches aren't on my menu. I do get a BBQ sandwich with cole slaw and/or green beans as side and throw out the bun (live where there are tons of BBQ places). My fave cold sandwich would be a shrimp salad and like that on croissant and like my home made egg salad and chicken salad too (which I can eat on low carb wraps).

But if on death row, a burger might be my last meal so I'd say that's my fave sandwich.

A slice from a garden fresh tomato. A slice of cheese. Some miracle whip all on some white bread. Reminds me of my childhood and I love some of those memories. I don't eat sandwiches very often so I enjoy something like this when I do.
This was a childhood sandwich of mine too...with American cheese, lettuce, salt and pepper...and I'd do Kraft mayo while my folks liked the miracle whip. Has to be home grown tomato. On toasted white bread.

French Dip

Turkey (real turkey) on rye with Russian dressing and half sour pickles on the side

American cheese and mustard on white bread

BLT

A real Philly cheesesteak. This means it has to be on an Amoroso's roll, with Cheese Whiz, not fancy-schmancy cheeses to tart it up.

Or a hot pork sandwich with provolone cheese from John's Roast Pork back in the old neighborhood. Now I want one...

This is hard; the list is long, and I'm not sure I have one "favorite!"
Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Grilled Reuben
Grilled pastrami with provolone and grainy mustard
BLT on white toast with mayo
Tuna mixed with mayo and onion, with chips packed into the sandwich (sometimes w/banana peppers, sometimes as a sub)
Thanksgiving leftovers- turkey, stuffing, cranberry on white bread with mayo, S&P
An Italian sub: Ham, salami, provolone, tomato, onion, pickles, green pepper, black olives, banana peppers, oil&vinegar, S&P
From Irving's Deli in Rhode Island, circa 1977: Rare roast beef, cream cheese, and ketchup on a roll
Grilled cream cheese and green olive

I love sandwiches, but can't eat too much of them anymore, since I had gastric sleeve surgery; a couple of bites and I am done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!