S/O What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Super rare, shaved roast beef on a kaiser with green leaf lettuce, red onions, American cheese, mayo and yellow mustard from a local hole in the wall beer store around here. So good....if we are on the road, Wawa sandwiches are our go-to.
Or, if a Bobby from Capriotti's -yum!

I love a good chickpea salad sandwich. So many ways to make it, but lately I like it smashed up with raisins, almonds, dried cranberries, sliced grapes, some vegan mayo, and a little salt & pepper. Put that on a hawaiian roll, yum! I also like a good grilled cheese - pepperjack with tomato and avocado on rye.

I have so many. I don't know if I could pick a favorite.

Italian hero
Roast beef hero with the works
French dip
Reuben
liverwurst on rye w/mustard and onions

And I agree about Boar's Head

Publix turkey-cranberry holiday sub: turkey, bacon, smoked gruyère, cranberry-orange relish and mayo on a five-grain roll.
They make this around Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter (whenever they have the cranberry orange relish)

Before vegetarian -
Italian with lots of tomatoes, lettuce, dripping dressing, mayo, some kind of pickled something, and lots of white onion
Leftover thanksgiving - turkey, mayo, salt and pepper, stuffing and cranberry
Leftover Easter - ham, coleslaw, swiss on a bun

Since childhood - swiss cheese, mayo, some horseradish, on white. This is my sandwich of choice. It's SO good and totally nostalgic for me..

Others:
pb and j with doritos on it
Rueben, sans meat

We were riding across NY on the Erie Canal trail and they stopped at a little shop and said they have great sandwiches there. Indeed it was, the best roast beef lunch meat I've ever had. It was Boar's Head. After that I spent 2 years trying to find out how I can get Boar's Head at home.

I was in the grocery store and spotted smoked Gouda cheese. Grabbed it and noticed the name on the package. My head snapped around to the deli department in the corner. Boar's Head!!!! I am now in sandwich heaven!!!!

So, for a lunch meat sandwich, it's Boar's Head roast beef and turkey with smoked Gouda and thick sliced tomato taken from the garden with Miracle Whip.

My grocery store was sampling the Boar's Head London Broil. I wonder it that's the roast beef you're referring to. I was unbelievably good. So good that for lunch I'm going down the block to the Boar's Head deli and having one for lunch.

Back to the OP - Polish Ham, shaved (Krakus ham pretty much the only brand I'll eat and only freshly sliced at the deli counter), on good french or italian bread, with provolone, lettuce, tomato and oil.

My favorite is grilled chicken with fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar on a toasted hero roll.

What's your recipe?

No recipe. Just dump in whatever seems good at the time. Always start with cooked chicken breasts, mayo, salt, pepper, sweet pickle relish and onion and go from there. Various things I might add: dried cranberries, bacon crumbles, honey mustard, chopped nuts, chopped grapes, chopped celery or celery seed, or coarse chopped apples.

Lots of good ideas here!

I think I may be the only one who loves some scrapple cooked crispy with some cream cheese on a kaiser roll.

Scrapple sandwich is where it's at!
I take my plain, on toast w/ a bit of butter. Maybe I'll go wild and make it a scrapple & egg sandwich!

My grocery store was sampling the Boar's Head London Broil. I wonder it that's the roast beef you're referring to. I was unbelievably good. So good that for lunch I'm going down the block to the Boar's Head deli and having one for lunch.
I used to work for Boar's Head. The London Broil is more rare than the roast beef that is also rare. It's a different cut of meat, but both are very good. I'll take the LB any day for the extra rareness.

Have you been to Phillipe's?
https://www.philippes.com/I was in downtown LA for a conference several years ago and made the long walk to Phillipe's several times.

You know what? I haven't. I should go. It's not THAT far from me. I just hate going to L.A. I know all about it though, and honestly can't believe I've never gone there.

I love a good chickpea salad sandwich. So many ways to make it, but lately I like it smashed up with raisins, almonds, dried cranberries, sliced grapes, some vegan mayo, and a little salt & pepper. Put that on a hawaiian roll, yum! I also like a good grilled cheese - pepperjack with tomato and avocado on rye.

Thank you for this. This sounds like something I would enjoy. So you just take the chic peas out of the can, rinse and then mash up with a fork? I do not do ANY cooking or foodshopping (my dh does) so type slowly so I can understand and ask him to pick up the ingredients and I'll try to make LOL

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!