S/O What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

turkey, mayo (sometimes tomato and pickles) on sourdough (my choice, but I use Delightful instead)

This is too funny. I have to make 70 pimento cheese sandwiches tomorrow for a card party. I hate pimento cheese but that's what was requested. Sure wish it could have been a BLT!

BLT or Grilled cheese with tomato
I love a grilled cheese with ripe tomato, but it has to have mayo.

Homemade chicken salad on grilled sourdough 😍

What's your recipe?

Rueben, no thousand island sub mustard. :)

Cuban

Club
After moving to Florida, we discovered Cubans sandwiches. Most of them are good, but I miss the Mom & Pop place we frequented in the Tampa area. We haven't found anything in South Florida that compares.

Club sandwiches are our sandwich of choice on the road. We love Wawa's.

We were riding across NY on the Erie Canal trail and they stopped at a little shop and said they have great sandwiches there. Indeed it was, the best roast beef lunch meat I've ever had. It was Boar's Head. After that I spent 2 years trying to find out how I can get Boar's Head at home.

I was in the grocery store and spotted smoked Gouda cheese. Grabbed it and noticed the name on the package. My head snapped around to the deli department in the corner. Boar's Head!!!! I am now in sandwich heaven!!!!

So, for a lunch meat sandwich, it's Boar's Head roast beef and turkey with smoked Gouda and thick sliced tomato taken from the garden with Miracle Whip.

When I was a teenager and volunteered in a nursing home, one of the residents introduced me to cream cheese and olives on dark rye. I came home and asked my mother to buy the ingredients and she was surprised. She said that was a staple food during the war(WWII) and the depression.

Every now and again, I will think about it and make one.

We were riding across NY on the Erie Canal trail and they stopped at a little shop and said they have great sandwiches there. Indeed it was, the best roast beef lunch meat I've ever had. It was Boar's Head. After that I spent 2 years trying to find out how I can get Boar's Head at home.

I was in the grocery store and spotted smoked Gouda cheese. Grabbed it and noticed the name on the package. My head snapped around to the deli department in the corner. Boar's Head!!!! I am now in sandwich heaven!!!!

So, for a lunch meat sandwich, it's Boar's Head roast beef and turkey with smoked Gouda and thick sliced tomato taken from the garden with Miracle Whip.

I’ll second the Boar’s Head recommendation!

FYI...the menu on Disney’s website states that Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Deli at the Polynesian uses Boar’s Head products.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/chip-n-dales-deli/menus/

Last edited:
Club sandwich with turkey, ham, smoked provolone cheese, bacon, lots of lettuce and onions and a little bit of mayo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!