S/O - What's your current phone?

Domo

Wotcha
I got a cheapo iPhone X - 256GB - space grey model from eBay. LOVE IT! The face ID is amazing, the screen sumptuous, the software impeccable sound quality, durability... 9.5/10!

They still work fine, and I refuse to spend $700+ for an updated version of what we already have. When they die, we'll replace them.

Very wise. My old phone just up and died on me (microphone issues) so thought it was time to upgrade ;)

Fortunately someone was selling an iPhone X on eBay dirt cheap so I couldn't say no. True, there were a few scratches on the rear but you couldn't really tell, so who cares?

My dad has a BlackBerry OneNote and he's furious with it. It would appear that the screen has fallen out and now he has to go about with it taped together. It's a pity as I had such high hopes for it - large screen, nice interface, physical keyboard... oh well.

SAME FOR ME.

AND THIS IS MY HUSBAND'S PHONE.

They still work fine, and I refuse to spend $700+ for an updated version of what we already have. When they die, we'll replace them.

Mine is causing problems, probably because I have too many apps. It freezes constantly, I have to power down once a week, and take out the battery at least twice a month because powering down doesn't work. So, I'm going to upgrade mine, hopefully with some good sale :D

I wonder sometimes if phone design has lost its way. As Steve Jobs put it, if you need to use more than one hand, you've gone wrong and God help you if you end up with a stylus...

iPhone 8. I only upgraded because they were $0 upfront. I’m not super impressed with it..it seems very glitchy . I know that’s a software issue, not hardware but I didn’t have any issues until this phone.

Galaxy S9 (has edge screen) upgraded from S6 Edge back in July (cracked screen phone getting old battery issues).

Best Buy was running a deal where they paid $200 $300 of the phone price, you pre-paid the tax and then we had an option to do monthly plan for $20.50 for 2 years charged to our cell phone bills for the remaining balance (which was $492 for us). Best deal we were going to get outside of Black Friday when an in-store deal would give an additional $50 off (but not worth the hours in line to get that plus I don't know if they would have done the monthly option). I miss getting phones for $0 or $50 (with 2 year contracts :( )

Sprint was only offering buy the phone outright for $799 or 18 month flex lease which I don't want to lease my phone. Plus Samsung was running a special where they would for free send you with a qualifying purchase a 64GB SD card (phone came with 64GB).

Wasn't planning on upgrading just yet but alas that's how it ended up being the better time to do it. If I had waited til Black Friday I would have owned my previous phone for 3 years.

Edited: So I was wrong we actually got $300 off not $200. Also found out Best Buy isn't doing the additional $50 off that the guy said he thought they would do for Black Friday (they are still doing the $300 off) so def. upgraded at the right time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter