S/O: What Has Been The Best Purchase For You

We bought DVC on the resale market in 1996 for $46 a point. The membership came with free park passes through the end of 1999.

We were just kids - had only been married a year. It was a big purchase for us. But it has been a wonderful part of our lives. We’ve absolutely saved money on our Disney trips, and we’ve taken dozens of them.

Tied for best purchase - we bought two little studio condos on the beach in South Carolina in 2001. Paid $60k each. We sold one at the height of the housing craze in 2008 for $185K. Paid off the mortgage on the one we kept and had money for remodeling, investment, etc.

A fence for our backyard. We have 6 different yards abutting ours, and there was just never any privacy. Now it's wonderful!

About 30 years ago I paid $500 for a lifetime gym membership. Over the decades, the club changed ownership a few times but is now LA Fitness. Im still an active member.

My 1995 Dodge Caravan. All it had was air and a radio. It was the best vehicle I have ever driven! It carried me from the Gulf Coast, to the Atlantic Coast, back to the Gulf Coast, to the Pacific Coast and finally back again to the Gulf Coast. Never had a problem with it. We had it nearly 10 yr when we gave it to my Mom and she drove it for another 2/3 yrs. We have lots of memories of our " Millennium Falcon". My girls were into Star Wars when they were little :) I would love to have it now!! It was SO dependable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!