S/O - do your kids use their phones different than you?

No they don’t. There are a number of ways to go hands free. Just about every type of smartphone has an “assistant” that you can ask to read and respond to texts. Never have to take your eyes off the road.
Well, it's the excuse the receivers of the message use.

Managers had a big meeting last to draft a work cell phone policy so it is a big enough issue it has come to the attention of the managers. Rumor is, two issues prompted that. A client couldn't get ahold of ANYONE in the $ales Department during normal business hours, so it cost the company revenue. The other is, the IT guys were required to check voicemail boxes of all company phones. Over half had voicemail boxes that had never been set up, or were full and could not accept new messages. Not sure if the policy will get down to my other pet peeve, the folks who have the ringer, vibrator and alerts shut off on their phone. I have one photographer who has missed more than one live shot because nobody could get ahold of him. Just amazing to me how much communication capability we have now, and we can't get ahold of people in a timely fashion.

No they don’t. There are a number of ways to go hands free. Just about every type of smartphone has an “assistant” that you can ask to read and respond to texts. Never have to take your eyes off the road.
My new car has Sync, you can receive texts, but you have to be stopped and in park to reply.

my kids can text with their two thumbs sooo fast. I still only use one finger, the middle one.

I can't imagine texting with only one finger. Which finger do you use? Why wouldn't you use your two thumbs? That has to be so much slower.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have Swype texting on my phone. It would be super awkward to do with my thumbs.

I also use my phone a lot for relaying messages from my step kids. Most of the messages are prefaced with "Go tell Dad_______", because he won't look at his phone, or even knows where it is. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter